Warm - Westy 37" lcd...

What's the difference between this SE and the version that everyone was jumping on in the past?

$926 shipped for me.. to much for a 37 inches.. even $100 rebate still not a good deal..

for a 37" 1080P, that is a pretty good deal @ $700 AR

Doesn't have an built-in HD tuner, but that's really not a problem.

for a 37" 1080P, that is a pretty good deal @ $700 AR

Doesn't have an built-in HD tuner, but that's really not a problem.

I have my HD cable box in my room with my pc, and another in my living room to go on my Toshiba 51" HD....the tuner is no problem for most, especially since 75% of the work load for this display is for internet/surfing/gaming....:D

Showed up at 760 shipped... to 98075...

I'm not ordering one, I just popped in... I want to get a 1080p display eventually :D

california

$799 + $66 tax + shipping = $926

Damn the tax! And still, 826 after rebate for a 37" 1080p with all the inputs...still a good deal in my book, compared to most of the other names....this display was over 1100 bucks a year ago....

Oh, Newegg, why art thou so bitchy. Couldst thy heart not bestow forgiveness upon a lonely Canadian, for it is I the abandoned Canadian. I wouldst give my silver and gold for thy broad selection of wares with which I would furnish my humble abode.

Oh, Newegg, why art thou so bitchy.

Mine was when I had my friends 37" Westy for a bit, in everything except for Crysis...

This qualifies for Free Shipping I believe..According to SlickDeals anyways...

If you have an amazing rig to power it. I don't think my 8800GT is up to it.

My 8800GT runs everything perfectly fast on my current 24" 1920x1200, except for Crysis of course.

I think your 8800GT is up to it, just bite down hard. :D

seems like a good deal for a 37" 1080p display (what the 1080p displays SHOULD be costing right now).

a LOT of people i know have had issues with Westinghouse displays though... fubar'ed EDID, dead parts, things like that.... seems like Westy is notorious for building stuff that breaks, but I dunno - i've never owned one, personally.

Tax is the suck.. I'd hate to live in California, would ruin newegg for me. I live in WA, so I never buy from Amazon, but that's not too huge an inconvenience.

1080P isn't that hard on your video card- I can barely tell the diffrence between my W1 westy and my 1600x1200 20inch monitor.

I wonder if we'll enter a depression when/if the US changes sales tax laws to charge by location of the buyer rather than the seller. It's not going to help the economy any, that's for sure.

seems like a good deal for a 37" 1080p display (what the 1080p displays SHOULD be costing right now).

a LOT of people i know have had issues with Westinghouse displays though... fubar'ed EDID, dead parts, things like that.... seems like Westy is notorious for building stuff that breaks, but I dunno - i've never owned one, personally.

The EDID problem is a non-issue. Most sets don't have the problem anymore, and even if one does, just lookup the fix by Blahman. It's easy and totally corrects the problem (I had it).

BTW, don't get this set for anything other than a PC monitor. It sucks for HDTV, and it's subpar for HD-DVD/BD and upscaled DVD's, because it lacks the pop. However, it's awesome for PC and for Xbox 360 gaming.

BTW, don't get this set for anything other than a PC monitor. It sucks for HDTV, and it's subpar for HD-DVD/BD and upscaled DVD's, because it lacks the pop. However, it's awesome for PC and for Xbox 360 gaming.

If you feed it a 1080p signal, it looks great. 1080i, does not. So it doesn't "suck" for HDTV....although 720p may look better than 1080i which is easy to see why.

wish I would have come across this deal sooner, I would have been all over this this deal and be selling my dell 24", ahh well

If you feed it a 1080p signal, it looks great. 1080i, does not. So it doesn't "suck" for HDTV....although 720p may look better than 1080i which is easy to see why.

I own it, and IMHO it does suck for HDTV. Besides, HDTV only displays in 1080i or 720p. So even by your own admission it wouldn't look great. Now that I've accepted it as a PC monitor, I'm very happy I own it. But I sure was disappointed when I first got it home.

I own it, and IMHO it does suck for HDTV. Besides, HDTV only displays in 1080i or 720p. So even by your own admission it wouldn't look great. Now that I've accepted it as a PC monitor, I'm very happy I own it. But I sure was disappointed when I first got it home.

The one I tested looked fine on 720p? Besides, like you, 90% of the usage for mine is going to be as a pc display for gaming/internet, and a little xbox 360 time. TV via my HD cable box will be limited and certainly no big deal ;)

used as a pc monitor, how sharp/clear is the text? Is it as good as a typical lcd?

Just take a look at the thread for this monitor in the displays forum. All your questions will be answered. The monitor if phenomenal for the price.

Text quality is superb. (note the camera makes the individual pixels stand out, but in reality it is not like this.)

Close3.jpg

Close2.jpg

Close1.jpg

i have the original LVM-37w3, firmware rev 1.0, ordered from Buy.com on 12/25/06, so just over a year I've had it. I believe (IIRC, and maybe I don't) the difference between the 37w3 and the 37w3SE is that the SE has only 1 DVI, but adds 2 HDMI, and gets a new firmware. I've loved mine since the say I got it, text is great on it. I have a Samsung 24" 1920x1200 res screen at work, and while the samsung is great on the contrast ratio, and overall screen brightness...it seems absolutely small in comparison to the Westy 37". I've got mine wall mounted on an actuating arm now, and I think it's about 3.5' from my face when at my desk. It is truly a wonderful piece of real estate to own, for the price. Having a 1080p or higher native res on your screens gaurantees that if you game on your PC, your rig can't be a slouch. I can't wait to put my new quad core notebook with the 8800M GTX in on it, next week.

My brother the coolest guy BTW, has the 37" used only has a pc monitor and for that purpose its freaken fantastic. To me i feel that it should be the only purpose for the Westy, tv hd or not looks like crap.

Back