Warm: Ultra 550W power Supply - $35

The LSP series is pretty mediocre if not simply poor. For a little more money, you can buy a much better PSU. I wouldn't use one of these units.

Probably not as bad as a Deer or Bestec/Wintec... but damned close. I personally would spend my money on something else.

Ultra was hit or miss when it came to 'good' PSUs, and even that term could be argued.

Probably not as bad as a Deer or Bestec/Wintec...
Bestec doesn't belong in that group. They actually manufacture very good PSUs, excepting a single model from several years ago with a design flaw in its +5VSB circuitry.

Ultra is known to put out a pretty good PSU...

I dont know about that. It took me 2 different Ultra X3 1000-Watt Power Supply to figure out the damn things were junk cause they wouldnt run my old GTX 280 when I played Crysis a few years ago. My GTX 280 would squeal underload on Crysis and 3 mins later it would shut down my PC. It took me a Corsair TX 750W to find out what is a quality PSU.

Last edited:
Hm... I have easily the cheapest power supply that Ultra has ever made.

It was $40 + $40 mail in rebate. 500 watter Ultra for $0, about 3 years ago it was a deal here on [H].

I use it daily, it works fine. Almost 24/7 use on my dual core Intel gaming setup.

A guy that I work with lost two 8800GTS pretty recently. I guess that it was a slow process. Last week he told me that his PSU blew up luckily it didn't take out anything with it. When I asked him what kind of psu it was he told me that he got it from Tiger. I asked if it was an Ultra and he replied "Yeah thats it!".

I wonder what killed those video cards?

Hm... I have easily the cheapest power supply that Ultra has ever made.

It was $40 + $40 mail in rebate. 500 watter Ultra for $0, about 3 years ago it was a deal here on [H].

I use it daily, it works fine. Almost 24/7 use on my dual core Intel gaming setup.

I remember that, it was from Outpost.com. I bit on that too.

Hell I don't remember it's been so long.

Using it right now as a matter of fact :D

Back