WARM: Samsung EVO 840 drives at discount

So glad they don't take PP or my budget would be shot to pieces. The 1 TB is the same price the 500gb came out at.

Exciting to see SSDs dropping in price so rapidly.

by 2015 they are going to be very affordable compared to platter drives.

4 how come I didn't see that I have been looking for another one for game installs.

do they make a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter that will take 2 drives ?

4 how come I didn't see that I have been looking for another one for game installs.

do they make a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter that will take 2 drives ?

There are several variations/colors from this company.

3.5 - 2x2.5

5.25 - 2x2.5

I placed all my drives in my 5.25 bays which makes for a very open-air case.

Tempting but i'm still waiting for it to drop a little more. Sucks because my Toshiba 1TB drive is starting to click pretty loud... It's been going strong for well over 5 years but I'm holding out until these drop a little more. Hopefully my Toshiba lasts!

thanks big time win I am going to get another ssd and I need a way to put both in a single slot.

I love amazon... its 5.99
of course
Include 2-Year Warranty for $4.53
ROFL

I guess if I left it in the street it might get bent.

thanks big time win I am going to get another ssd and I need a way to put both in a single slot.

I love amazon... its 5.99
of course
Include 2-Year Warranty for $4.53
ROFL

I guess if I left it in the street it might get bent.

No Problem!

As a note, if you go with the 5.25 drive bay version and have the pin-style 5.25 mounts that are tool-less you will need to use some screws to secure the tray.

My 500r required this.

Newegg just dropped the price on the Evo 1TB to $549, and there's still a valid promo code (targeted) for another 10% off..

BTEWWVR25

Brings the drive to under $500 - if your account works with the code (expires sometime today).

Newegg just dropped the price on the Evo 1TB to $549, and there's still a valid promo code (targeted) for another 10% off..

BTEWWVR25

Brings the drive to under $500 - if your account works with the code (expires sometime today).

Promo code no good for me. A shame too because if it did truly bring it down under $500 I would buy it. My guess is most people can't use the code.

Promo code worked for me but it's only showing $10, not $50.

On the 1TB drive? I tried it, and it showed up in checkout as 10% ($549 - 10% = $494).

I had already purchased the drive, after I finally got them to honor their earlier targeted 15% deal ($599 - 15% = $509), but they actually honored their Iron Egg guarantee and already sent me a gift card for the $15 difference.

Promo code no good for me. A shame too because if it did truly bring it down under $500 I would buy it. My guess is most people can't use the code.

Yes, it's definitely a targeted promotional code.. for recent purchases, I think.

$494 is a great price. Probably wont see it cheaper this holiday I'm thinking.

The cheapest for the Evo was the newegg 1TB deal. After that they had the 968 one for the same price

Back