Warm Ryzen CPUs getting that price drop ?

TheHig

[H]ard|Gawd
Look I realize its Microcenter and not everyone has access to one but look for other retailers to get competitive soon. Plenty of AM4 systems out there that can use the bump and no need to switch platforms. I have 5 AM4 systems across two households and have been waiting for some movement on these since Alder Lake dropped.

ryzen deals.PNG

Look I realize its Microcenter and not everyone has access to one but look for other retailers to get competitive soon. Plenty of AM4 systems out there that can use the bump and no need to switch platforms. I have 5 AM4 systems across two households and have been waiting for some movement on these since Alder Lake dropped.

View attachment 438742
Awesome. I don’t live near a micro center but this should allow more people access to kick ass hardware.

very tempting to upgrade my 2700x but I am holding out for the x3D cache 5800. I am sure it will be at least $450 though, so perhaps it is better to get an upgrade now. That 5600x would work great.

very tempting to upgrade my 2700x but I am holding out for the x3D cache 5800. I am sure it will be at least $450 though, so perhaps it is better to get an upgrade now. That 5600x would work great.
Kinda same here. Mostly waiting for a sub-$250 5800X though, used or new. I haven't spent more than that for a CPU since I got a Athlon 64 4000+ back in the day for like $700, which I was a stupid kid at the time wanting to burn the money I saved over basic training and AIT in the Army. I've been mostly gaming on PS5 lately too, so I'm in no rush to upgrade still. At this rate I'll probably just keep what I have and buy a pre-built for nearly the price of a new higher end GPU alone when I'm ready to upgrade something.

im tempted to upgrade from a 5600x to a 5800x but just doesnt seem worth it. Guess ill wait till the 7xxx comes out!

Tempted. been looking at 5800x on MC everyday for price drop. Want to upgrade from i7 4790k but still deciding between i5 12600k vs 5800x

Yeah, I've been wanting to upgrade from my 3700x but was waiting for the 3D Cache CPUs. I was hoping for a 5900x or 5950x 3d cache variant so I'd have a final "end game" CPU for AM4. But if it's just the 5800x-3d I'm not sure what I'll upgrade too.

$250 for a 5700G, eh? Love that, could squeeze one into a $600 build at that price point. Maybe even $500 if re-using parts.

Hmm, not bad. I might just upgrade my son's rig he has over at his mother's house. he already has my old 7700K build here when he comes on the wknds. A 5600X build will be perfect.

I have had the $299 5800x in my cart for a week, but haven't been feeling well enough to drive to MC to get it. I wished they shipped this stuff. Not really in a rush, my 2700x holding strong and haven't been doing much pc gaming anyway lately...

I too am interested in the 5800 3d cache version but who knows when or how much....

I have had the $299 5800x in my cart for a week, but haven't been feeling well enough to drive to MC to get it. I wished they shipped this stuff. Not really in a rush, my 2700x holding strong and haven't been doing much pc gaming anyway lately...

I too am interested in the 5800 3d cache version but who knows when or how much....
You can do price match with BB and have them ship?

You can do price match with BB and have them ship?
I tried BB pricematch and they flat out said they would not match Microcenter bc it is in local store only, cannot ship.

Don't think it matters anyway the BB site says Delivery Not Available (and if I wanted to go to a store to pick it up, I'd just go to MC anyway) but maybe that's due to stock at my closest store? I dunno

1644621640820.png

Get well soon, Burticus!
Thanks.... I'm not dying, got a cold or something (no fever so prolly not Rona...) and just don't want to deal with the crowds at MC. Maybe next week, we'll see.... I don't really *need* this, just want.

In the FWIW department, I built a 5700G system using on board graphics for my office....and I love it. Seems very fast and solid. Will be using it for doing some audio processing and circuit simulation / schematic capture. And COD....;-)

In the FWIW department, I built a 5700G system using on board graphics for my office....and I love it. Seems very fast and solid. Will be using it for doing some audio processing and circuit simulation / schematic capture. And COD....;-)
Funny I was looking at the 5600G or 5700G as a backup plan if my GPU decided to croak on me. No jinx! <lights a candle>

Back