[Warm]? Refurb Gateway P-7805u FX Gaming Notebook $699.99

tungt88

2[H]4U
The Deal

$699 when it's worth $1149 over @ Best Buy seems pretty decent. Wish I'd waited a bit before getting my ASUS from the Best Buy Outlet deal, as this lappy's 1440x900 rez and 9800M GTS is better than the ASUS' 1366x768 and 9800M GS.

That is schorching if you ask me. Does TD still have 10% cash back? That is a nice lappy for 630 dollars.

cashback is at 10.35%, just used it yesterday.

just worth pointing out that the screen on these models is upgradeable to 1920x1200. there are a few people who have done so for the 68xx series with success over at notebookforums.com. definitely warranty voiding, but it's a refurb so who cares.

omg lol, was waiting for weeks for this to come up again then just spent the money 3 days ago !!!

I have the weakest trigger finger on the planet. I could really use an upgrade to my aging Inspirion 6000 but i sat there looking at the cart for an hour ;)

Oh well, I have 17" with num pads on the side anyway.

good price. I got burned on hp+nvidia laptop before though so the 3month warranty on the refurb sounds risky. I'd be afraid to spend too much on any gaming laptop ever again without several years of warranty on it. I've been looking at a radeon 4850 laptop but that is almost double this price so I guess this one might be worth the savings for people who haven't been burned before like me.. Opting for 2 yr warranty brings it back up closer to $1k again though so the gap narrows a little.

Just a heads up on the nvidia gpu issues I guess. HP screwed me .. $1400 for 1.5 yrs until it fried (6 months out of warranty). They made it look like they provide extended support on a bunch of models but when you drill down the links on their web pages per model you end up with only a handful of p/n numbers per model (sortof a sub-serial number). They wanted $400+ to repair it no matter how much I called and argued my point.. :mad:

Be careful with this laptop, I'm not trying to thread crap because these are defiantly worth $700. I got one around January and the screen started acting funny, i think the backlight went out on about 1/2 of it. The thing was a beast, and luckily it was within 30 days of purchasing from tiger, and they gave me a refund. Just my 2c

Back