WARM: PNY 8800 GTS 640MB $330.65

autocrat

Limp Gawd
Dell Home offers the PNY GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB PCI Express Video Card, model no. VCG88GTSXPB, for $330.65 with free shipping. That's the lowest total price we could find for this card by $31. Sales tax is added where applicable. It features a 500MHz core clock speed, maximum resolution of 2560x1600, and Dual DVI, VGA, S-Video, and HDTV outputs.
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A0962588

That's a nice price - Comes to $350 shipped for me which is still the best deal I can find on a new one.

Manufacturer Warranty
Service & Support

3 years warranty
Service & Support Details

Limited warranty - 3 years

that solves that, in for one! 45$ difference, can't beat that in the upcomming weeks.

PNY is garbage....regardless of what people say about "they are the same card". I'm not disputing that

My personal opinion is PNY is a shitty company, and you're taking a risk buying their products.

PNY is garbage....regardless of what people say about "they are the same card". I'm not disputing that

My personal opinion is PNY is a shitty company, and you're taking a risk buying their products.

Too late for that I already bought one...

Canceled.

I wouldn't say PNY is not worth buying. I got a PNY 6800GT back when they were first released for an awesome price. That card is still going strong to this day. Their phone support is meh at best, but I would have no problems buying a card from them again.

Good job. I'd pay the extra $30, and go with an eVGA, BFG, MSI...hell I'd even get a Jaton before a PNY card...lol

And you should believe everything TheInternet tells you

(sorry couldn't resist)

I would buy XFX , BFG, or EVGA over PNY anyday

I'd also recommend Evga, BFG or XFX over a PNY, but for the price its a great deal regardless. Remember the cards are all made by another party (Flextronics?).

PNY is alright as long as you are getting it for cheaper, it is the exact same card... Plus, if you register the card they extend the warranty another 2 years so you can get a 5 year warranty. So the question for you should be after the warranty expires how much will the card be worth and what are the chances that it will break? My five year old cards are agp and not worth $40...and they still work too. Also, think of the compounded interest you could earn on that $40 over five years, invest that money in stocks and it will be worth like $70 by that time.

Normally i just keep going and say nothing when i see posts like this.
it kinda struck a nerve as you left no basis for your garbage rating of a premiere vendor.

I'm a bit curious as to how you came to the garbage rating you gave the company?

i am not an employee although i am in the broadcast industry. PNY is just about the only vendor producing Quadro boards. that said, we also use a lot of the geforce boards from them and have almost no problems with them. support is a breeze and if something does die they cross-ship with no worries

I honestly could care less about a warranty on anything over 3 years. i mean get serious, what do you think your card is going to be worth after even 2 years...

and another piece of info PNY has been in the business for more then double of most of the other vendors you guys are supporting, i believe there is a reason they are still around...

from what i heard it goes like this (in order of best performing)

xfx
evga
?
?
?
pny

xfx
evga
?
?
?
pny

whoever told you that needs to buy a clue

PNY makes solid boards, i have been through many broadcast stations ranging from ESPN, ABC, CBS, CNN and so on. they are all running PNY boards in there graphics systems. If there was any doubt of the quality of the board, believe me it would never have been put in there mission critical machines.

Normally i just keep going and say nothing when i see posts like this.
it kinda struck a nerve as you left no basis for your garbage rating of a premiere vendor.

I'm a bit curious as to how you came to the garbage rating you gave the company?

i am not an employee although i am in the broadcast industry. PNY is just about the only vendor producing Quadro boards. that said, we also use a lot of the geforce boards from them and have almost no problems with them. support is a breeze and if something does die they cross-ship with no worries

I honestly could care less about a warranty on anything over 3 years. i mean get serious, what do you think your card is going to be worth after even 2 years...

and another piece of info PNY has been in the business for more then double of most of the other vendors you guys are supporting, i believe there is a reason they are still around...

X2 QFT

$150 after 2 years probably.

The EVGA was $345 AR just a few days ago, wait for the rebate renewal.

xfx
evga
?
?
?
pny

LOL - Let's put that to the test, shall we? Hypothetical:

XFX has an 8800GTS 320 clocked at 500/1600mhz. PNY has an 8800GTS 320 clocked at 585/1800mhz. Which will perform better? :eek:

LOL - Let's put that to the test, shall we? Hypothetical:

XFX has an 8800GTS 320 clocked at 500/1600mhz. PNY has an 8800GTS 320 clocked at 585/1800mhz. Which will perform better? :eek:

XFX has a card clocked like that just as well. I'm talking about the quality of the card and warranty services. xfx has a great lifetime warranty on their cards w/ double lifetime warranty meaning if you sell it the new owner will have the warranty still. and if you OC it and it dies, they will replace it.
xfx's warranty
MODDER FRIENDLY WARRANTY! Heres the deal: XFX will repair and service your 6, 7, and 8 Series Graphics Card for as long as you live. Even for those of you who know how to push our cards to the limits, if anything goes wrong, XFX service it free of charge. All you have to do is register the card with XFX online . If you ever decide to sell or give the card away to someone, XFX will still honor the protection plan for the second owner as well. They just need to register the card with XFX. You get the protection AND the added value of being able to pass along a full warranty.

and well PNYs cards are cheap and go directly to shit pretty fast and their warranty is kinda :bleh:

experience, their old cards are okay, but after the 7 series, they got pretty cheap.

Read the fine print, people. (Translation; clue is required in this thread.)

PNY's warranty is One Year with an additional Two when you register, for a total of three years. The warranty is also non-transferrable. Getting an RMA within warranty is nothing short of a migraine in my experience.

As far as quality goes; sorry folks. Fact is that PNY quality has dropped off on the retail GeForce cards, which used to come with a Lifetime Warranty. There is a reason they no longer offer a lifetime warranty.

Remember, PNY is also the only company in the US that sells Quadros. They have an exclusivity agreement with nVidia on it, too. They don't really care about gaming cards at this point, because they're low margin, as compared to the 100%+ margins on the Quadro line. If you buy a PNY gaming card, expect the worst support around as your high point of ownership. By contrast, if you buy a Quadro, expect .. well, they're not bad, but not very good either. Mostly just very slow.

i would steer away from pny if i could, i got 2 PNY 8800 gts from circuit city and 1 of them just won't fucking turn on at all, and their overclocking potential are average

All 8800xxx cards are manufactured by the same company.

"We must note, however, that this graphics card is made by contract manufacturers and is then supplied to Nvidia’s partners that have little room to personalize their GeForce 8800 GTX to make it unique and more attractive in the potential customer’s eyes. The deepest modification they can do is to replace the cooler... All GeForce 8800 cards are manufactured at Foxconn’s and Flextronics’ facilities and shipped ready-made to Nvidia’s partners."

XBitLabs Review

This was already discussed earlier...

...And we're back on track. Great deal on a good piece of hardware - if you have any qualms about the warranty, feel free to check out other resellers such as EVGA, BFG, etc...

Back