Warm? MS SideWinder x6 Keyboard - $40 Shipped from Amazon

Ordered mine on Monday, right before I posted the deal. It was waiting for me as I got home from work. Typing on it right now....feels great. Really like it, the red backlighting is nothing but awesome. Worth the $40 IMO.

Ordered mine on Monday, right before I posted the deal. It was waiting for me as I got home from work. Typing on it right now....feels great. Really like it, the red backlighting is nothing but awesome. Worth the $40 IMO.

Bastard, that was the straw. I just ordered one. :D

Last edited:
So far I'm happy with mine, feels better than the G15. The integrated wrist rest surprisingly doesn't bother me considering I've tried them before and they drove me nuts. Now if only my media keys worked. They worked fine when I plugged the keyboard in, but as soon as I installed the MS drivers they only work with WMP. Go figure.

if only my media keys worked. They worked fine when I plugged the keyboard in, but as soon as I installed the MS drivers they only work with WMP. Go figure.

Yeah I'm having the same issues with this also. It seems if the wmp is open, while iTunes is open they work. But, as soon as I close the wmp or don't have the iTunes app active in foreground, it wont. Not really that big of a deal, but most of my playlists are through iTunes... Still can't complain, it feels really good under the finger tips.

Yeah I'm having the same issues with this also. It seems if the wmp is open, while iTunes is open they work. But, as soon as I close the wmp or don't have the iTunes app active in foreground, it wont. Not really that big of a deal, but most of my playlists are through iTunes... Still can't complain, it feels really good under the finger tips.

Quick fix: Made a macro that does "control + f1" and assigned it to the play button. I then went in songbird and made "control + f1" a global hotkey for "pause/play". Works great!

In for two.
Signed up for the Amazon Prime thing so I can have it for the weekend.
my gf will be excited that the crappy old keyboard she is using wont be needed anymore. :)

If anyone is on the fence...do it. I got one about 3 months ago for about $55 to replace a fully functional G15 v2. Love it. I have the keypad detached to save space.

Excellent feel when typing. Somewhere in between a typical keyboard and a laptop keyboard.

Play a lot of MW2 and L4D2 and have had no issues with multiple key presses (i.e. i have never noticed a problem).

Just got mine in the mail yesterday. So far I'm liking the key action (kennard sums it up nicely, kinda lap-toppy but big enough to type comfortably), and Love the backlight. I'm going to try it out on a few games to see how it goes, but so far so good. The only thing I'm not digging though is unless I'm missing something obvious, it has no back 'feet' or tabs that you can lower to have the keyboard angled. That's definitely going to take some getting used to as every keyboard I've used I always put those feet down. Just seems to flat to me.

I just got my keyboard and it's not bad. going from a split keyboard is going to take some getting used to and I noticed that shift sticks out a bit more than I'm used to. I noticed one other key combo right off the bat playing Sirius Sam HD. Apparently I can't hit A+S+5 (walk diagonal and select rocket launcher). I had to do this a couple of times. A bit annoying bad other than that so far so good.

Just got two in the mail the other day.
Keystrokes are perfect. My issue with it is I am used to using my left little finger to feel around where the edge of the keyboard is and on this keyboard it is longer because of the macro keys so I keep typing with my left hand shifted a column to the left. Obviously a personal problem... just sayin.
Great keyboard though.

I got mine the other day and I gotta say that I like the key stroke action. Glad I got it.

Did anyone use the super saving shipping, If so how long did it take to deliver?

Thanks, this doesn't seem to be an across the board problem or quite a few more people would be complaining about it.

I would not say that most games like CS do not really require you to hold down many keys at once. But if you play some games with lots of advanced moves, exploits, or whatever you consider it you will notice this problem in nearly EVERY keyboard ever made. Yet if you search for it most people will never say anything about it. Heck I even bought a keyboard that specifically said it would not have this problem only to find out it did. Also alot of people simply will not realize they missed pulling out a weapon because of this problem. They just attribute it to user error unless they specifically test it.

I play HL2DM and in order to play that game you must dedicate about 6 fingers to keys and be pressing them all the time just to move decently which is impossible so you either press 2 keys with 1 finger or shove on command off to the mouse. On top of that you have weapon switching. Even in this game alot of people had no idea their keyboard was causing them problems until they were specifically told about it.

It is certainly an area lacking in information. And even the best companies fail at it like razer who only prevents it around the wasd cluster and not even that much of it in some of their keyboards. The main problem is companies are not honest about it and I really look forward to this new keyboard from M$ in which they claim 26 simultaneous key presses will be possible. Maybe then I can actually use all 5 of my fingers.

Some people say the G15 does not have the problem but even logitech only claims 2 keyboards in their entire line are full n key rollover and that dinovo not G15. Because the G15 has a long key stroke I was never willing to try it though.

IMO any gaming keyboard should at least take 6 keys in any combination you choose after all you have 5 fingers why on earth would people think just 3 is acceptable.

Back