Warm? Micro Center 64GB Sandforce SF-1222 SSD $99.99 deal is back

murky44

Limp Gawd
Link

Pretty good deal IMO. The latest 3.4.6 firmware has fixed all the issues it had before, so I think these drives are great for the price now. It's been at $109.99 the past month, but they have just brought it back down to $99.99 for June. Hopefully it'll decrease even lower to $90 or $80 like it did a couple months ago. Anybody who bought it before have any feedback?

I own that drive and it's not that great. That firmware update didn't fix any of the BSOD issues the drive has... At least not for me. Performance is subpar and it degrades quickly over time. Trying to grab the $99.99 C300 deal would be a much much better bet. A-Data is slow with getting their updates out. The drive will format to 55.9gb.

I've had 2 of these in RAID0 for 6 months without a single problem, no joke, not a single BSOD or sleep problem. Wonder if it's just because of the RAID array?

I love these things. 120GB of 550MB/s read for $200 is pretty hard to beat imho.

with the Crucial m4's being 120 now a hundred bucks for the microcenter sandforce drives is no longer hot at all.

I have two of these in I ran independently before putting them in their current RAID0 configuration. I did have some BSOD issues in XP prior to upgrading the firmware. After the flash no issues whatsoever. Picked them up "open box" for $89.

I have this drive and its great and all but the crucial m4 is probably a better buy if you can find it for around $110

Back