Warm: LIAN LI PC-A04B Black Aluminum MicroATX $70 shipped

If I was still in the mATX game I'd be all over this. I love this case. Simple yet effective. I think it'd be a lot of fun to mod and the price ain't too shabby either.

Damn, once upon a time I wanted to do so much with this case (well, its predecessor) but I decided to watercool. Hot Deal.

Damn, once upon a time I wanted to do so much with this case (well, its predecessor) but I decided to watercool. Hot Deal.

I recently got this case to water cool. Tough case to water cool but can be done. Price wise this is a very nice case and I wish I could have gotten mine for $70.

Own both this A04B and an A05NB, now while I love both these cases, and they hover around the same price a lot. Here's my mini-review of the two if it helps anyone out really quickly.

A05 Pros: Full ATX in a very small case, cool design, lots of modding and H20 potential if you're crafty. Sleek non-dust trap design. Better for SLI if you go full ATX due to spacing.

A05 Cons: No top fan unless you mod your own, then this becomes a beast, harddrive cage direction is sort of annoying and you most likely have to remove your GPU to get to fans. Crappy front ventilation, they improved it in the A05N but still could be a bit better. No mounting hole for motherboard backplate really, which can be annoying.

A04 Pros: Better front ventilation -- hands down. Pre installed top fan, much better harddrive orientation. Has hole in motherboard panel to mount backplate.

A04 Cons: 80mm rear fan, leaving you having to use top mounted fan for any AIO CPU H20 cooling like Corsair or Kuhler kits. mATX only, which is really shouldn't be a con, but is when comparing both of these a bit. Front can be a dust trap, especially if they're intake fans, if you clean often, you'll be fine. SLI on air will cook both cards, but that's to be expected.

Both are quality Lian Li products. They're both really good.

I have an A04B that is about to be retired from my office.. Its been an awesome server case, but I am moving to a mITX..

For 70 bucks its well worth the cost.

Own both this A04B and an A05NB, now while I love both these cases, and they hover around the same price a lot. Here's my mini-review of the two if it helps anyone out really quickly.

A05 Pros: Full ATX in a very small case, cool design, lots of modding and H20 potential if you're crafty. Sleek non-dust trap design. Better for SLI if you go full ATX due to spacing.

A05 Cons: No top fan unless you mod your own, then this becomes a beast, harddrive cage direction is sort of annoying and you most likely have to remove your GPU to get to fans. Crappy front ventilation, they improved it in the A05N but still could be a bit better. No mounting hole for motherboard backplate really, which can be annoying.

A04 Pros: Better front ventilation -- hands down. Pre installed top fan, much better harddrive orientation. Has hole in motherboard panel to mount backplate.

A04 Cons: 80mm rear fan, leaving you having to use top mounted fan for any AIO CPU H20 cooling like Corsair or Kuhler kits. mATX only, which is really shouldn't be a con, but is when comparing both of these a bit. Front can be a dust trap, especially if they're intake fans, if you clean often, you'll be fine. SLI on air will cook both cards, but that's to be expected.

Both are quality Lian Li products. They're both really good.

thanks for the input, i was actually on the fence between those two but went with the A04 since i planned on m-atx build anyways

How do these cases compare to the PC-9F which was around $120 when I purchased. I absolutely love the PC-9F layout but woudln't mind something smaller for special use.

Back