Warm - Lenovo S10 $365 +ship w/ coupon code.

DryFire

2[H]4U
The new Lenovo S10 is available for (pre?)order starting at $429. Apply the coupon code USPIDEAPAD15 for a %15 discount bringing it to $364.65 + shipping. I've gotten to the part right before checkout and applying this code works, but I haven't tried actually ordering it.

It's a good deal if you don't mind waiting until December(?) to have it ship. Also, the current order page has conflicting information.

If you're willing to wait, $365 for a 10" netbook seems like a good deal to me.

Thats one sexy beast. They didnt screw up the screen like Asus always did on the EEE PC and it is cheap!

Looks like its built decently as well.

This is as good a deal as they get from an employee purchase plan!

Their EPP starts at ~$385 or so, but you can do an additional 7% off (weak). Shipping is free, though. I nabbed one yesterday under $400 shipped, but it's not much better (if anything, slightly worse) than others are getting.

LMAO Can you imagine if this lil book did have the X4500!?! I would buy three of them!

I'm certain that it's a 945GSE chipset, which has GMA950 graphics. That's quite a difference!

damn, doesnt stack on top of EPP discount. might just hold out for that (supposedly) $299 Dell coming out. nice machine though, hadnt even heard of it up until now

Confirmed!

Lenovo E-mail said:
Dear Valued Lenovo Customer,

We are contacting you with regard to your recent Lenovo IdeaPad S10 order.

Please note that we recently experienced a web error which caused the Graphics Card of your S10 to be listed erroneously. The correct
card that is configured into the unit is the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950. Unfortunately, we are unable to honor the original
component, as it is not available for the system you ordered.

For more information on the Graphics Card and a technical comparison, please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_GMA#GMA_950.

If you are not satisfied with updated configuration, please reply to this e-mail with your current Order Number and your cancellation request.
We will cancel your order at that time.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
Lenovo Customer Service

I'm just waiting for a reputable site to do a mini lappy roundup/review so I can decide which one is worth my money..

I don't know what makes these deals on netbooks so hot. A single core processor that runs about the same as an athlon 2000+ with a small screen, small battery and little ram. Guess nobody remembers last year when you could get a decent turion system or celeron/p-dc lappy that had a 6-cell, gb of ram, and 14.1" screen for $399ish.

I don't know what makes these deals on netbooks so hot. A single core processor that runs about the same as an athlon 2000+ with a small screen, small battery and little ram. Guess nobody remembers last year when you could get a decent turion system or celeron/p-dc lappy that had a 6-cell, gb of ram, and 14.1" screen for $399ish.

Point is portability not power, something you can fit into some Homie's jean's back pockets and have room for bling and be able to walk straight. Sub 3 pounders are immensely different from 4-6 pounders that most 14 inchers, I returned both my 14" and 12" HPs because they weren't portable enough and were a pain to carry every day (before the eeepcs hit). If you haven't had the experience of lugging bricks around you wouldn't know the benefits of the netbooks.

For the last time, people! Netbooks are not about power or gaming. This is necessarily a grea deal (all netbooks could be $100 cheaper and the mfgrs would still make profit), but the market right now is hot, so mfgrs are price gouging a little bit.

Even at $400, I'm happy with my netbook (Asus EEE 701, for modding). It is small, and I can whip it out at a moments notice (I'm willing to carry it with me in my backpack without a second thought).

You make sacrifices to get this sort of portability, which is really in processor, HDD, and GPU. RAM you can max out at 2gb, and many netbook batteries are 5+ hours.

Back