Warm? Klipsch Promedia 2.1 - $119.99+Tax at Best Buy

Should I go with these or the Logitech Z2300's?

How does the subwoofer compare with the sets?

Also, will it be pointless if I'm using my integrated sound card on my Asus P5Q Pro vs a Creative card?

hmm. how would one go about using a standalone sub with PC speakers?

Most PC sound card's(onboard as well) support 5.1 if not 7.1 analog out. Just use an RCA to mini-stereo cable to a powered sub. Subs are mono anyways so you can just plug in the white (left channel) into the sub's amp.

I have the 4.1 surround of these, but mostly only use 2.1 (no good spot to put speakers behind me at the moment) And yes These are damn good speakers, had them for many years and they keep on ticking, havent had 1 of the 4 blow out or anything! : P

Same here, been running strong since 2001. Only problem I have had is the input into the right front speaker (which controls volume, surround, etc) is flaky, and crackles a lot when its not situated just right. Also, If I don't twist and pull the power button just right, the entire right side of my setup shut off.

Well, the ones I bought 2 days ago just blew.
I was playing Starcraft 2 with the volume not even a quarter of the way up, and the static started, I tried reseating all the wires and still, static, I'm returning these to Best Buy asap.

Not sure what I'll be buying next, Frys has a sale on the Z-2300s but 50 MIB, which is a bit much.

you could give them another shot, with all these people saying they've lasted for years it's probably just a rare case of a poor build... seems worth it over going somewhere else and dealing with MIRs

I actually replaced these with a set I had for 3 years. I'm done with them.

Incidentally the ones I bought 3 years ago was also from best buy for 99.99, which I had to exchange for because the first sets sub was blown out.
Not worth the trouble anymore.

Ohh, got it - nevermind then!

There are several recommendations for the Swan M10s in the Audio subforum, at only a little higher price.

Amazon has a sale on the maudio av40 for 120 shipped. Great deal

Was looking at those, but I don't wanna add a sub later.
Amazon has the Logitec Z-2300 onsale for 109.99 so I went with that.
They tax me since I'm NY, but I got the free prime shipping trial thing.

We'll see how that goes.

Back