Warm - EVGA GTX 260 for $219.99 after MIR, comes with Crysis+FS @ newegg

xBanzai89

Supreme [H]ardness
The EVGA GTX 260 is going for $220 after MIR, and it comes with free shipping and a free copy of Crysis. The MIR totals at $40.

Use this promotion code for a instant $20 dollars off: EMCAKBBAD

So it is $299.99-$20(Instant savings)-$40(MIR)-$20(Promotion code)=219.99

Nice...this is only $10 more out of pocket than the previous cheapest 260 on the 'Egg, the PNY card...and $5 more than their cheapest 4870 (with its promo code going). But it definitely has a better warranty than either of those cards...

its a good deal because if you get it now...chances are there will be somthing to step up to in 90 days

This is the best deal on a GTX 260 I've found after 2 weeks looking. Plus I was going to get Crysis anyway. And to think I paid $499 for my 8800GTS 640 2 years ago! Was also looking at an ATI 4870 but couldn't find 1 for less than $239 AR, not that price was my only consideration. The comments on the fan noise, catalyst problems & idle temps had impact. But I like the EVGA reputation, lifetime warranty and step up program

if its only 299 then why at check out its taking the rebates off of 350 total bs

edit: nvm NJ SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! 18.20 for tax so all said and done id get for $238 still to much for me

Free crysis game makes it even hotter, yeah its not the best game ever, but iv always wanted to have it but never wanted to buy it hehe.

Son of a Gun - Went thru Live Search and got $8.50 off the card + $1.50 off Crysis !!!

I bit and didn't ever even plan on buying a gtx 260 or 4870. The step-up may actually work with the new die-shrinks coming out. Now I gotta sell my 8800gt and the extra copy of crysis

Well a problem with this card is that it'd block some SATA ports I need :p

Edit: Unless of course I'm willing to run without a DVD drive for a little bit. ;)

I heard that that deal lasted 17 minutes. I'm pretty sure it was a trick by ZZF to get people to look at their site. ;)

I bit. Thank u OP as I never really pay attention to newegg emails. I really want to play GTA IV in all it's glory, so I'm pretty sure this card will do the trick. Crysis is an added bonus.

If you're buying DON'T forget about using live.com.

Live.com has never seemed to work for me :(.

Just email their (live.com's) support with a copy of the invoice. Look on their support page for details. I did that with the dreaded Electronica Direct deal and they got back to me the next day with my rebate added in my account. You shouldn't have a problem if you do this.

Well I dunno, someone mentioned that this was a 9/11 only day sale(lol...), has anyone seen anything to prove that this was the case?

Edit: Decided to go for it for now and decide in the morning if I want it to keep going. :p

Well I dunno, someone mentioned that this was a 9/11 only day sale(lol...), has anyone seen anything to prove that this was the case?

Edit: Decided to go for it for now and decide in the morning if I want it to keep going. :p

i don't think so-- the email says the promo codes are good through the 17th. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Oh wait, I see it now.

Hmm...17th...

I wonder if I should cancel now and see how the new GTX 260 debuts before ordering again? I heard Nvidia wasn't even going to differentiate between models anymore for it.

I don't know whether this is incredible dickery on Nvidia's part and just buy in protest now or an opportunity that I should wait for. :p

Oh wait, I see it now.

Hmm...17th...

I wonder if I should cancel now and see how the new GTX 260 debuts before ordering again? I heard Nvidia wasn't even going to differentiate between models anymore for it.

I don't know whether this is incredible dickery on Nvidia's part and just buy in protest now or an opportunity that I should wait for. :p

Just remember, there will always be a more powerful card. So, even if you wait, there's probably something else just around the corner that'll have you going "Doh!"-- It's the Strong Law of Buying Video Cards, lol.

I think either way you can't go wrong, but don't think too hard-- these things aren't supposed to cause one grief.

Back