WARM: Create your own bundle @ MicroCenter ($40 off any mobo w/ CPU purchase)

The deal is on again for the next few days. Got an email from MC.

will the cheap h61 mobos work with a GTX 480, I cant get an answer to this.

Your 480 only fits into a 16x pci-e slot. Unfortunately once you buy that H61 you'll have to send that card to me... your not worthy of that card since you asked that question.

Your 480 only fits into a 16x pci-e slot. Unfortunately once you buy that H61 you'll have to send that card to me... your not worthy of that card since you asked that question.

well the post I was going on sounded like he knew what he was talking about. rails this volt that. Me being gullible freaked out. Doesn't matter since the MC near me is OSS of the mobo I wanted anyways.

If I'm not really worried about overclocking but want something stable and well-optioned (USB3.0, etc), what board available there should I look at?

I have a Radeon HD6950 2GB and 8 GB of DDR3 Corsair XMS3 CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 I could move to it if that matters (see sig for current rig).

I also have an HD5770 packed away that could get swapped back into this rig if I move the GPU over to that new system. (Maybe better to get some fresh RAM too?)

If I'm not really worried about overclocking but want something stable and well-optioned (USB3.0, etc), what board available there should I look at?

I would pick up an Asus; if you wanted to spend less go with MSI.
Most of the GB P67 boards aren't as feature packed for the price (or cost more).

Depends on what's important to you. The P8P67 LE has a good feature set for $139 (without any discounts) but then again it doesn't have right angle SATA connectors or as beefy of a heatsink solution as the P8P67 (regular) which is $159 (without discounts). Maybe the LE has less mosfets than the regular, I'd guess that would be why there's the absence of the 2nd heatsink around the cpu socket area.

MSI's boards have great bang for the buck also but I've never used MSI before so that's why I stuck with Asus on mine.

darn was goin to get a 2500k and the gigabyte z68 mobo but the tustin store doesnt have any more mobos just like last time.

Back