Warm ? Acer K272HUL AHVA (IPSlike?) 27" 2560x1440 $249.99@ Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who are wondering, AHVA panels are miles ahead of TN panels in terms of color reproduction, but not quite there (albeit close) when compared to IPS panels. AHVA panels are typically faster (response time wise) than IPS panels and often have better blacks as they do not suffer from "IPS glow" but still are subject to backlight bleed.

Very interesting, and I like the idea of no IPS glow while getting close to the color benefits.

But how about PWM at lowest brightness? Has anyone tested this model?

For those who are wondering, AHVA panels are miles ahead of TN panels in terms of color reproduction, but not quite there (albeit close) when compared to IPS panels. AHVA panels are typically faster (response time wise) than IPS panels and often have better blacks as they do not suffer from "IPS glow" but still are subject to backlight bleed.

Sounds like you're partially confusing AHVA with VA.

AHVA is very similar to IPS. Black levels can vary from monitor to monitor but are, as a whole, on par with IPS. And yes, AHVA definitely has IPS glow. The model that I had was a particularly bad one with horrendous glow compared to a similar LG IPS (both were 27" 1440p), and the contrast ratio on my AHVA was also pretty bad. Response times on AHVA fall into the typical non-accelerated 12-15ms range as IPS as wel.

damn! wish this was out when I purchased my samsung 4k screen. I would much rather prefer this for the 1440p

Once I moved over to a 32" BenQ monitor....I can't imagine a 27" display myself.

Sounds like you're partially confusing AHVA with VA.

AHVA is very similar to IPS. Black levels can vary from monitor to monitor but are, as a whole, on par with IPS. And yes, AHVA definitely has IPS glow. The model that I had was a particularly bad one with horrendous glow compared to a similar LG IPS (both were 27" 1440p), and the contrast ratio on my AHVA was also pretty bad. Response times on AHVA fall into the typical non-accelerated 12-15ms range as IPS as wel.

I might be. I was just basing my post off of what I've seen between my Korean IPS monitors and my QNIX AHVA paneled monitor. Didn't really notice much of a glow on the QNIX but I did see areas of pretty bad backlight bleed, but over all deeper blacks that the IPS monitors I have.

I might be. I was just basing my post off of what I've seen between my Korean IPS monitors and my QNIX AHVA paneled monitor. Didn't really notice much of a glow on the QNIX but I did see areas of pretty bad backlight bleed, but over all deeper blacks that the IPS monitors I have.

That's a small sample (one of each panel, and off grade panels at that). Larger samples show IPS/PLS/AHVA being similar on average, with the larger differences typically being due to OEM choices than an actual different in panel technology. My own example shows the opposite of yours, but also has the same validity of data - one of each panel.

For a monitor are you typically viewing it from an off-center angle? If not, then IPS glow shouldn't even be a deciding factor. I know on my Qnix I need to be about 35-40 degrees off-center to begin to notice a glow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back