Warm - 4TB External HDD - $130 - Amazon

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
also on newegg, tigerdirect for that price.

it has a sata drive inside of it, their 4TB M00 model i think (can easily google search)

Dead.

Amazon price up to $150, tigerdirect $170, newegg sold out.
I've pulled 8 drives out of external cases without a problem, but be careful (no scratches) and check the serial number of the bare drive online. I've had some report "no warranty". In case = 24 months warranty, pulled out = no warranty.

And I think this was a hot deal, I won't buy less than 4TB drives anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Snagged one from Newegg before the price went up and they sold out.

THANKS, OP! :D

Appearently clearing stock for the new helium filled bigger drives.

But seagate released 6tb without helium

What are the benefits of using helium inside hard drives?

Newegg has a $100 3TB for today only with coupon.

But you can only buy one so not sure if warm or not.

Appearently clearing stock for the new helium filled bigger drives.

Nope. This has nothing to do with "stock clearing" for helium drives or bigger drives. Not sure why so many people assume that a bigger form factor being released means that it discontinues the smaller form factors or even drives the prices of the smaller form factors down - neither are true.

Cyclical price caused by many factors, been at this pricepoint several times over the past year from various retailers. They'll keep producing and selling ST4000DM00x based internals and externals like this one for years to come.

Last edited:
non-helium 6TB is now in stock but price is going to have to come down to be a value

They are a value for the intended market. Specifically the explosion in cloud/datacenter markets, where higher density is the name of the game.

Last edited:
Back