• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Warhead Installs

HardTarget

n00b
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Messages
11
Went to play warhead today and I get a "game cannot be started...install limit reached". I've made a few changes, added ram, a hard drive, new vid card, I dual boot xp/vista64, that might count as well. Also I installed it on my sons comp, then swapped out vid cards. I guess hardware changes means new installs to ea. What exactly is this drm supposed to do again? Annoy legimate customers I think.
 
Went to play warhead today and I get a "game cannot be started...install limit reached". I've made a few changes, added ram, a hard drive, new vid card, I dual boot xp/vista64, that might count as well. Also I installed it on my sons comp, then swapped out vid cards. I guess hardware changes means new installs to ea. What exactly is this drm supposed to do again? Annoy legimate customers I think.

It's supposed to "stop piracy," as laughable as that sounds. It only ends up pissing off and inconvieniencing legitimate purchasers of the game. And yes, any changed piece of hardware in your PC means that SecuROM sees it as a new machine and will eat up an install.

It's really too bad because I would have bought Mass Effect, Crysis Warhead, Dead Space, and in November Mirror's Edge because of this crap.

How much do you want to bet that id's RAGE will have the same draconian DRM scheme, courtesy of their new publisher EA?
 
EA's tech support is completely fucking useless. I've been trying to get my Warhead installs reset for 2 days with no luck.

Edit: Just got off the phone with them after trying all day, and they reset the lockout and gave me some more activations.
 
I've tried twice today, all I get is voice recognition software which doesn't help with the annoyance level.
 
Back
Top