Warhammer Online

I'm waiting on feedback from reviewers and this community before I bite the bullet.

I'm waiting on feedback from reviewers and this community before I bite the bullet.

i was being fairly synical about warhammer online, i tried it today and so far its very cool. I'm hoping it keeps being enjoyable all the way through.

ya, its a pvp game though. don't even bother if you like PVE its buggy and therefor terrible.

So the PvP/RvR is fairly bug free then, at least in this point in time? So you can grind with solely PvP? I figured PvE would be needed for the grand grind...

Probably not Warhammer Online, *however* I am keeping an eye on Warhammer 40k online to see if it has any potential.

I would very much like to be able to try it in an open beta that did not require me to pay for a preorder. I have a free Fileplanet subscription through Comcast, so I hope they do something through that for the open beta. Anything but preordering it.

You can buy the preorder box at target for $1 that will get you into the open beta on the 7th.

I would very much like to be able to try it in an open beta that did not require me to pay for a preorder. I have a free Fileplanet subscription through Comcast, so I hope they do something through that for the open beta. Anything but preordering it.

You could do what I did.

Preorder it from Gamestop, use the code, return the preorder for a refund.

They saw the box was open and the code was not there (they asked me why I didn't return the code.. in a rude manner) but still took it back.

They deserve it, too :p

You could also not even return it if you feel bad (which you shouldn't, this is gamestop), and it'll only cost you 5 dollars (that's their minimum downpayment). You're not obligated to pay full or even pick up the game once it comes out.

only reason i ever started playing wow..was because of a trial i got. so same deal here. unless they offer a free trial or a homie hooks me up with a friend pass..forget about it. besides paying monthly for a game has always bugged me. luckily i sold so much gold and accounts on wow that it more than paid for itself.

who needs to pay for mmos when you have fun games like combat arms and the soon to be playable bf heroes.

Day 1 purchase for me. I've got a few lvl 8's from playing the preview weekend and I freakin' love it.

Feels a lot like WOW but with PVP done right, which is pretty much what I want in an MMO.

i don't think the PVP will hold the masses attention for long. They are releasing the game when its far from finished. So early infact that they cut out classes.

You can level solely from PvP but its not practical because sometimes there is huge downtime between the scenarios and RvR in open.

Also you wont have enough money to buy gear which is a huge factor in the game, yet is easy to attain.

Also pray that the server is balanced in regards to faction count. While there are many important factors to determine the outcome of a fight, numbers plays a large part.

PvE is filled with buggy mobs that will become unattackable while still attacking you. Some are unintentionally invisible, they run the wrong way (not an AI function). List goes on, they need to fix this because its part of the game even if you are a heavy PvPer

While quests are slightly entertaining at the start, they become stale quickly.

Public Quests are neat but seem to never pose a challenge or are impossible (numbers/skilllessnoobs/group comp)

*Scenarios = Battlegrounds

To sum it up, wait til they finish the game in about 6-12 months, then buy it. Don't pay to beta test for them.

i don't think the PVP will hold the masses attention for long. They are releasing the game when its far from finished. So early infact that they cut out classes.

You can level solely from PvP but its not practical because sometimes there is huge downtime between the scenarios and RvR in open.

Also you wont have enough money to buy gear which is a huge factor in the game, yet is easy to attain.

Also pray that the server is balanced in regards to faction count. While there are many important factors to determine the outcome of a fight, numbers plays a large part.

PvE is filled with buggy mobs that will become unattackable while still attacking you. Some are unintentionally invisible, they run the wrong way (not an AI function). List goes on, they need to fix this because its part of the game even if you are a heavy PvPer

While quests are slightly entertaining at the start, they become stale quickly.

Public Quests are neat but seem to never pose a challenge or are impossible (numbers/skilllessnoobs/group comp)

*Scenarios = Battlegrounds

To sum it up, wait til they finish the game in about 6-12 months, then buy it. Don't pay to beta test for them.
Pretty much, except he left out even more stuff that's worse.

Back