Wanting to start a Q3A game with the fellas here @ [H]

209.51.137.74:27960.. -[| Quagmire's Cross C(o)untry Tour - FFA |]-
0/24 people.. Georgia server.. I'll go there check it out

Well the server is up. Looks like non-stop dm17, which sucks but oh well... Its smooth. I forgot how much it sucks setting up my q3 cfg. :p

Well I wasn't the guy in 1st.. that guy was whoppin all of us lol... Then again, it was dm17 and I must have been pushed off or have fallen off the map over 20 times.. Also, being so acustomed to RA3, rockets kill me far too often in vanilla q3. :p

Yeah, that map...I forget how twitchy that dang game is. Sorry I couldn't play longer but had to go eat. We should do this once a week or something I miss that game.

Sorry I missed it. Apparently my CD key doesn't work any more so I will have to track down another copy.

But yeah, I'd love to actually "participate" next week. By then I should have a box up and running to host some Q3A and UT. An old Athlon XP 2000 with 1GB of RAM should be enough for these oldschool games.

Wish I could have been there. :(

UT next week?

Sorry I missed it. Apparently my CD key doesn't work any more so I will have to track down another copy.

But yeah, I'd love to actually "participate" next week. By then I should have a box up and running to host some Q3A and UT. An old Athlon XP 2000 with 1GB of RAM should be enough for these oldschool games.

Wish I could have been there. :(

UT next week?

What kind of internet are you running? I don't know if mine would be up to it, but mine is 6000mbps down/768kbps up. If we're doing it next week, I could have my P4 2.8 w/ 2 gb setup to host. Anybody have any idea how much up/down is needed per player for a dedicated server?

Maybe we can do this some other time this week? Maybe more organized, we can all hop on ventrilo or something at a certain time. Be easier to track each other this way, or Xfire.

Definately. I have all day Tuesday and Wednesday off, but I'm moving Wed starting at around 1pm. Tomorrow sounds good. I definately want to get my frag on. :cool:

What kind of internet are you running? I don't know if mine would be up to it, but mine is 6000mbps down/768kbps up. If we're doing it next week, I could have my P4 2.8 w/ 2 gb setup to host. Anybody have any idea how much up/down is needed per player for a dedicated server?

A P4 2.8GHz with 2GB of RAM is plenty. Better than what I could toss together...

I've got the same connection, at least until I move. But one of my roommates is a bitch and she won't drop the firewall unless she wants to download something from BitTorrent. Thank GOD I am moving in a day and a wake-up.

And I don't think there's a connection even half as fast at where I'm moving to.

Damn, it's past midnight back east. I get a decent ping to the Georgia server. If we've got something tomorrow, I'm defo still in. On Xfire as pliotronx.

Spydermonkey: you can adjust the sv_rate to fit a decent amount on. 10000 is usually a good number IIRC. You could probably host 16 with that, I've no experience with hosting though. And my pitiful 384K wouldn't help much.

If I can track down my UT, I'll be in for next week. I'm even more rusty at that one =-O

You're not really missing anything.
I figured as much :)

I recall sometimes firewalls like that dumb roomie runs can cause bad CD key messages. Also in later point releases I think it forewent the dashes in the key or something. That bites if it won't work for ya. Moreso because of a roomie.

I'm always down for some Q3A / CPMA, add me up on Xfire anybody interested. karantamen is my account name.

I recall sometimes firewalls like that dumb roomie runs can cause bad CD key messages. Also in later point releases I think it forewent the dashes in the key or something. That bites if it won't work for ya. Moreso because of a roomie.

Yeah, it's my friend/roomie's wife that has the router/modem, and she controls it (and him) with an iron fist and sickle. She will only drop the firewall on her machine if it suits her. Damned what I need. Thank GOD I am George Jefferson walkin' out of this bitch tomorrow. XD

Shoot. I don't have the first UT. Oh well.

http://www.xfire.com/

xfire is a messenger that lets you have favorite game servers and see when friends are online and what they are playing and then join the game. It's actually pretty cool.

Yeah, it's my friend/roomie's wife that has the router/modem, and she controls it (and him) with an iron fist and sickle. She will only drop the firewall on her machine if it suits her. Damned what I need. Thank GOD I am George Jefferson walkin' out of this bitch tomorrow. XD
There are few times I'd outright call someone a wench but... here's to hoping the new place has better broadband than expected.

I found my UT and with it the hi-res texture pack :) After applying 4.51 and the enhanced OGL renderer, I discovered the game runs wacky on K8/dual cores. I remedied this by setting the framerate limit to 200, disabling CnQ and adding -cpuspeed x to the shortcut. I reinstalled the AMD dual core optimizer just in case. Runs just about perfect now. MP still has some rollercoaster ping going on. I still want to mess with Q3 though. The mouse aim grid is so much better (smaller "stair steps").

Xfire was crashing Q3 until I used SetAffinity to assign it to the second core, works pretty well. I still can't get the Challenge Q3 executable to play the game. Menu works fine though.

Well, I've got to go to Visalia on Sat., but I'll try and have a dedi. server going before I leave.

I'll get UT and Q3 going on them, maybe akimbo mod for Q3? Anything else?

Anyone here ever play Q2? When I got out the Q3 disk I noticed I had all those sitting here too. LOL. Man it's been a reeeaaaaal long time since I've played that. hmmm, SIN sitting there too.

ill play some quake 3.i play about 6 hours a week but been playing for years.i play more vanilla quake 3 ffa or tourney!hit me up o and do u use punkbuster?

ill play some quake 3.i play about 6 hours a week but been playing for years.i play more vanilla quake 3 ffa or tourney!hit me up o and do u use punkbuster?
Well, from the sound of it, you're too good, and therefore not invited to humiliate us

:p

I still have Q3A installed. I havent played it in ages, but would like get a few games in. I'm sure I'll be rusty as all hell.

Well, a quick update, I can't get the server running before I go. Seems the DVD Rom I was going to use in the system is defunct, and I can't install an OS, so It's going to have to be a while until I can pick up another from newegg.

Sorry guys :(

There are few times I'd outright call someone a wench but... here's to hoping the new place has better broadband than expected.

I found my UT and with it the hi-res texture pack :) After applying 4.51 and the enhanced OGL renderer, I discovered the game runs wacky on K8/dual cores. I remedied this by setting the framerate limit to 200, disabling CnQ and adding -cpuspeed x to the shortcut. I reinstalled the AMD dual core optimizer just in case. Runs just about perfect now. MP still has some rollercoaster ping going on. I still want to mess with Q3 though. The mouse aim grid is so much better (smaller "stair steps").

Xfire was crashing Q3 until I used SetAffinity to assign it to the second core, works pretty well. I still can't get the Challenge Q3 executable to play the game. Menu works fine though.

Load CPMA through the Mods area.

Load CPMA through the Mods area.
That's it, works much better thanks :) Though I don't know any of the maps so I'm afraid I wouldn't offer much of a challenge :eek: BTW Xfire generally seems to dislike OGL titles, it's best to have the "disable Xfire in-game" checked. Otherwise some random CTD's occur, even with UT99.

Spydermonkey: that blows. Perhaps since you have a legitimate copy, you could pursue a downloadable image, mount from the hard drive and install from there?

I wish Verizon would throw some FiOS love my way.

Well, a quick update, I can't get the server running before I go. Seems the DVD Rom I was going to use in the system is defunct, and I can't install an OS, so It's going to have to be a while until I can pick up another from newegg.

Sorry guys :(

I have a CD-ROM drive and a copy of Windows 2000 Professional I could ship to you if that's all you need. :)

That's it, works much better thanks :) Though I don't know any of the maps so I'm afraid I wouldn't offer much of a challenge :eek: BTW Xfire generally seems to dislike OGL titles, it's best to have the "disable Xfire in-game" checked. Otherwise some random CTD's occur, even with UT99.

Spydermonkey: that blows. Perhaps since you have a legitimate copy, you could pursue a downloadable image, mount from the hard drive and install from there?

I wish Verizon would throw some FiOS love my way.

No problem. If you want an easier way to open it make a copy of your Q3 shortcut and simply add +set fs_game cpma

So guys, when we gonna get this game going? :D

I have a CD-ROM drive and a copy of Windows 2000 Professional I could ship to you if that's all you need. :)

I talked to a friend locally, and he said he could give me a loaner until I get some money to pick one up.

I need to talk to him to get it some time this week, but I was going to load up Q3 and UT GOTY edition, all with latest patches. Anything else?

Back