• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wanting to build gaming PC for....

Focker

Gawd
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
794
around $900... Only thing I know for sure is I want is an AMD 64 3500+. Up in the air with no clue what else to go. Leaning towards pci e, but no clue what board/video card. I'm gonna go with http://search.ebay.com/Mystique-7-1...C6QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsadisZ200QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1 for the sound card 'cause I need it for my reciever.

Anyone know anything about this site? prices for the 3800+ seem unreal... http://www.pcinfinity.net/Merchant2...CInfinity&Product_Code=BBAMD939ASUSA8NSLI3800

Basically need to find best bang for buck for processor, case, psu, heatsink, hard drive, video card, and ram. (don't need optical drives) all for around $900.
 
I am assuming that is without monitor?

You can check out vendors at http://www.resellerratings.com before you buy. If you are talking no monitor, then you should be able to build something adequate. It won't be a real screamer, but you can do it on that budget.
 
Focker said:
around $900... Only thing I know for sure is I want is an AMD 64 3500+. Up in the air with no clue what else to go. Leaning towards pci e, but no clue what board/video card. I'm gonna go with http://search.ebay.com/Mystique-7-1...C6QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsadisZ200QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1 for the sound card 'cause I need it for my reciever.

Anyone know anything about this site? prices for the 3800+ seem unreal... http://www.pcinfinity.net/Merchant2...CInfinity&Product_Code=BBAMD939ASUSA8NSLI3800

Basically need to find best bang for buck for processor, case, psu, heatsink, hard drive, video card, and ram. (don't need optical drives) all for around $900.

You'd be fine with even a 64 3000+ for only about $140. The benefits of a better vid card outweigh a faster processor at these speeds (well, I'm assuming that you're a basic comp user that games). Grab a regular 6800 or GT. 6600GT if your budget is tighter than expected.
 
or better yet a sempron 3100+ with a nforce 3 250 chipset mobo...aperently those things OC very well
 
Back
Top