Wanted: Pix... (please read)

jbmx4life

2[H]4U
I am currently working on making a removable motherboard tray. What I am trying to is convert an old huge AT tower to an ATX case. I was able to obtain an ATX case and I cut the motherboard tray (with the back plate still attached) off of that case and get my stuff setup on that. Now I am looking for some pictures to show the motherboard tray "rails" or "slides" that guide the motherboard tray back into the case.

I can provide pix of what I am trying to do if needed.

Thanks for any help provided.

The guides for the tray are usually just U-channel or something similar. I'd suggest hitting up home depot and looking at their selection of aluminum channeling. Google U-channel for pics.

Go one up :). Get some drawer sliders and bearings, and attach them to the solid part of the tray with some JB weld. That way you can sliiiiide the motherboard in and out!

The guides for the tray are usually just U-channel or something similar. I'd suggest hitting up home depot and looking at their selection of aluminum channeling. Google U-channel for pics.

Yeah that is what I was figuring. I am also interested in how the case manufacturers have the U-channel attached to the rest of the case.

Go one up :). Get some drawer sliders and bearings, and attach them to the solid part of the tray with some JB weld. That way you can sliiiiide the motherboard in and out!

How about machine screws???? JB weld as a rule isn't that great for attaching metal.....;)

How about machine screws???? JB weld as a rule isn't that great for attaching metal.....;)

Yeah that is one of the ways that I was thinking but then the screw head might get in the way of the tray sliding in and out. If I could find some steel U-channel then I could just put a couple of tack welds on each side. I am not so worried about the weight of the case as it iwll just sit in one place and is already made out of steel.

Help? All I am asking for is a few pics, especially of how the rails are mounted for the tray to slide on.

I will take some pictures of the rails and tray in my TJ-07 later tonight and post them here. I have some errands to run, otherwise I would take the pictures and post them now.

I will take some pictures of the rails and tray in my TJ-07 later tonight and post them here. I have some errands to run, otherwise I would take the pictures and post them now.

Will be looking forward to them. Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Sorry it took so long, but here they are:

Hope that helps.

PS The case is currently tore apart, and I am in the process of painting the interior Black.

Back