Wanted: Microsoft Zune

TheOne&OnlyZeke

100% Irish
Looking to get a Zune.
Original model 1091/1089.
Preferably brown.
Don't care if it had accessories or not.
If anyone has one, pm me.
Don't really know why I want one.... It's just one of those things :)

This model?
mine doesn't power on anymore even when sitting in the powered speaker dock.
I unplugged the power and moved it for a few weeks when I got a projector that I put where the dock was, then mounted the projector on the ceiling and put the Zune back and it didn't turn back on.
I am guessing you are wanting a working one.
zune-remotes.jpg

This model?
I unplugged the power and moved it for a few weeks when I got a projector that I put where the dock was, then mounted the projector on the ceiling and put the Zune back and it didn't turn back on.
I am guessing you are wanting a working one.
View attachment 337390
think its that one. Ideally working yea

When did you last try turning it on? Zunes are affected by a leap year bug which makes them stop working/not boot at the end of a leap year.

When did you last try turning it on? Zunes are affected by a leap year bug which makes them stop working/not boot at the end of a leap year.
I used it last year for a few minutes and it was just a few weeks ago when I tried to turn it back on, but that was right after it sat unplugged with no power for a few weeks.

Ah ok, in that case it is probably not the leap year bug. If the battery is deep discharged, it may need longer until reaching a charge level where you can turn on the device.

Battery replacement is very easy on OG Zunes. I did my Zune HD recently and it wasn't much harder!

My first Windows phone Nokia Lumia 900 had the exact same Zune screen as shown in OP pic. Brought back memories. Still the best phone I ever owned.

I have a black Zune 1089 model that's been shoved in the back of a drawer for 7+ years. I do not have a wall charger for it, but I do have the car charger + AM/FM broadcaster kit for it. It's physically in decent shape with just two small knicks on the screen.

Back