• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WANTED: [H] SSD REVIEWER

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
2FA
Joined
May 18, 1997
Messages
58,484
WANTED: [H] SSD REVIEWER

If you are any prior experience and are interested in a contract position for reviewing consumer level SSDs please get in touch with me at Kyle@HardOCP.com. Thanks!
 
I'd love to see information about how consumer drives behave under power loss, forced power-off, hard reset, etc.

I saw an older test showing that only the Intel SSDs were really robust in the face of power loss, but it'd be nice to see other modern drives tested.
 
I'd love to see information about how consumer drives behave under power loss, forced power-off, hard reset, etc.

I saw an older test showing that only the Intel SSDs were really robust in the face of power loss, but it'd be nice to see other modern drives tested.

Agreed - I'd also like to see side-by-side testing of newer models compared to older models, especially if they will be existing side by side for a bit (examples: Samsung 840 base v. EVO v. Pro; Intel 52x vs. 53x; Toshiba Q vs. OCZ, etc.).
 
I'd like to see linux/game testing w/ ssd, esp w/ steam. Not holding my breath, but hoping :).

Edit: I'd also like to see zfs performance under FreeBSD with various SSDs...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top