• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Want to upgrade

Joined
Feb 10, 2014
Messages
10
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/arentol/saved/bjQdnQ plus 1 more ram stick of same

here is my build. recently my comp decided to stop posting/starting bios/beep etc. and i figure its time to replace/upgrade parts. considering replacing/upgrading the mobo/cpu/psu. not sure how much to spend maybe around $400? im just looking for best bang for my buck kinda stuff. thanks in advance any help is appreciated.
 
oh im sorry i am using it for gaming nothing crazy just mainly diablo3 and heroes of the storm. whats the compatibility warning mean on that?

would this motherboard be ok? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qnwLXH

Just means not all BIOS versions support that CPU and the BIOS *might* need to be updated.

Yeah that's a perfectly acceptable choice of M/B, I'd buy it.

If that's what you're playing at 1080, the 1050Ti will play those just fine as well. depending on money the 1050Ti is an option along with the Pentium to lower your spend, But I like the i5 and the 1050Ti combo more myself because I'm less likely to upgrade a CPU down the road.
 
I would spend your money on the Kaby Lake Pentium. 300 MHz faster, and twice the threads!
 
This is what I'd do:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZXpXtJ

Yes, it's $465 instead of $450, but in the long run I think you'd be better off....

(IE. A solid i5 for longevity. The 1050ti should be serious overkill for HotS and D3 and it will be super easy to swap out in the future etc)

It's always wise to spend more on a CPU when doing a fresh build....

EDIT: Made some changes to "trim the fat".
 
Last edited:
Back
Top