• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Want to overclock...need advice

pfpx24

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 23, 2005
Messages
511
Hello all, been trying to overclock my system but have failed. I'm running a a64 3800+ on a asus a8v deluxe motherboard. I read somewhere that deluxe motherboards weren't good for overclocking but wanted to keep trying at it anyway. I'm using a Thermaltake HSF that runs at over 5000RPMs so i guess it's good enough for overclocking.

How would you guys approach this with this kind of setup? In the bios i can lower the multiplier from 12-under, up the fsb, raise the ddr voltage, etc. I just don't know where to start.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
 
Right on..only thing is i don't know how to change the HT link multiplier. My motherboard doesn't seem to have an option for that. Just has the 1000-200 option and then the cpu multiplier only. I checked everywhere in the bios and i didn't see an HT link multiplier. Is it possible my motherboard is not suported?
 
What does the blue screen message with white letters mean? Overheating problem?

I keep getting those or my system wont turn back on and i have to clear the CMOS.
 
PffxUzer said:
What does the blue screen message with white letters mean? Overheating problem?

I keep getting those or my system wont turn back on and i have to clear the CMOS.

Thats the BSOD (blue screen of death). In this case, usually an oc related problem.

Check in the dram config section of your bios, the ht link settings should be in there....if not, set the ht link speed to 800 and see if that helps. Also, be sure to set the pci bus speed to auto, as you may be pushing the pci bus out of limits.
 
Is that the Memclock to CPU ratio?

Tried all sorts of configs, can't seem to get anything past 2591MHz from 2.4 so i'm giving up and am going to just leave it alone at it's default speed.

Was fun trying though. Thanks.
 
Back
Top