Want to move to 10Gb

farscapesg1

2[H]4U
Thinking about changing out my home network switch from the Cisco 3750G to something with 2-4 10GB SFP+ ports. What's recommendations does anyone have? I've currently got an Edgerouter Lite and an older UAP-LR access point. Thinking about replacing those with a USG and a couple AC-Lite APs after our move, so a Ubiquiti Unifi option would probably fit in well with the environment, like the US-48-500W. I'm not stuck on Ubiquiti though, so Netgear, D-Link, etc. would be ok.

Requirements would be
  • 48 GB ports (24 might work.. but I haven't seen any with at least dual 10Gb SFP+)
  • Relatively quiet.. no louder than a 3750G since this will be in my office
  • GUI configuration - Got the 3750G to learn Cisco networking, just haven't had time after getting it originally set up
  • POE would be nice since I would like to set up some cameras in the future, but not required
  • Really not sure on pricing, so lets say under $800

Hmm, forgot about the US-48 (non-POE model). At just under $400 that looks good and gives me the option of expanding 10gig later with their 16-XG.. if I really need it.

I haven't used one, but the ServeTheHome forum is pretty excited about the TP-Link T1700G-28TQ. It's fanless with 24x1 + 4x10. No POE, but only $300 at Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow, I'll have to check that out. I've used several TPLink devices over the years and have been happy with them. 4 SFP+ ports would cover all my foreseeable 10Gb needs and with those in place I should be able to get by with 24 ports. Fanless is an extra bonus!

Back