Want to make an "Installation screen"

Strykar

Limp Gawd
For lack of a better word, I'd like to get some kind of information on how to make an "Installation screen" that would popup via an autorun file with a disk. This screen would basically hotlink to a batch file to begin installation, I would just like to make it look a bit more professional. Hopefully there's some kind of easy program out there, but if not, I would appreciate any help, thanks!

Autorun and Install programs is completely different. Basically you can add an autorun feature to most external media. To do this you need to create a file on the media called 'autorun.inf'. That fill will 'call' or run whatever it is that you tell it to.

To create an 'install' app you need something like InstallShield. That is the first one that comes to mind. There might be some freeware apps out there, someone else may be able to elaborate on the freeware side of this.

Google turned out to be my friend, I found a program "CDMenuPro" that did the trick for me, here is the end result:
installmenucc8.jpg

There is an autorun file that brings this up upon insertion of a disc and the installation is a batch file that I created which uses a custom configuration file and restarts the computer once setup is complete. I am happy with the end result! :)

Back