• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Want to help admin a CoD4 server?

TheRapture

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 31, 2000
Messages
6,885
I am looking for one guy to get some traffic going to a CoD4 server. If you play the game and have some players that would like to have access to a good server, and want to have admin access to change maps, game types, etc., we can get something going.

Of course I would expect that the admin PW not be shared with anyone...duh :p


I play with a tight knit group of 5 guys that just like to have fun. Loose rules apply, the server is set up for a max of 14 players since more than that gets way too spammy.

PM me. Looking for long time [H] members that play games seriously, but in good FUN, we drink, we smoke, and we play. This is not the world finals, just some fun ass gaming online with good buds and good players.
 
I'd like to know the server info and where its located... not too interested in being important though.
 
My rig is currently in the mail with CoD4 coming free on the way. I play on 360 already. Just started but i'm getting good :D

Haha, I'd also like to know the server info. Smokin and drinkin' is right up my ally ha.

Chico, Ca
 
The server IP is: 66.150.214.138:28930



On friday nights usually (or whenever really) we have specific weapon nights, sometimes pistols only, sometimes we all use a stock class, sometimes just shotties. It's a blast.

When everyone is a bit lit, we like to have "explosives" sessions. Meaning you use a noob toob, RPG, or grenades only. Claymores and C4 as well :p

Anyways, let's play this evening....

...the admin offer still stands if someone is interested and wants a private place to play/have matches, etc.

Cya' this evening!
 
Hey Rapture...do you guys use voicechat? I originally played on 360 and got about as good as I could get with a controller, and then quit playing and traded it for the PC version cause I wanted a mouse and key...played a few times and not being able to talk to my teammates frustrated me more than having to playing with a controller so I just quit playing completely

Oddly enough last night playing Crysis Warhead it made me jones for some cod4 action so I would love to play with some fellow [H] guys...as long as chat is used!
 
Hey Rapture...do you guys use voicechat? I originally played on 360 and got about as good as I could get with a controller, and then quit playing and traded it for the PC version cause I wanted a mouse and key...played a few times and not being able to talk to my teammates frustrated me more than having to playing with a controller so I just quit playing completely

Yes we run a Ventrilo server.....works awesome. My best friend was a great 360 player, and once I FINALLY got him switched to pc, he now owns pretty good in CoD4....

The in game voice system sucks. Ventrilo or TeamSpeak is the best way.
 
hey man, added your server to my faves. play with a group of 1-4 people pretty regular. if youre down with sharing admin console pw - im down for using it :D :p

we tend to gravitate towards S&D with the occasional TDM ...but yeah - i'll try to hop on soon and join ya!

I play by the name "Blue Duck" typically. see you on!
 
Got a late start, dammit. I had to do a small pc repair and of course slow ass pc's take forever to do things like SP2 and shit....I hate them.
 
I tried to play with you guys late Friday night and got kicked 3 times so I said fuck it. I kept getting an error about punkbuster needing to be updated, which it did and so I updated it to the newest version that the auto update tool said I need for COD4 and reboooted and got kicked almost instantly!

Any ideas?
 
I tried to play with you guys late Friday night and got kicked 3 times so I said fuck it. I kept getting an error about punkbuster needing to be updated, which it did and so I updated it to the newest version that the auto update tool said I need for COD4 and reboooted and got kicked almost instantly!

Any ideas?


next time hit the windows key or alt tab out and see if your firewall or whatever is asking for permissions, i get the problem all the time with pb, even without a update. for all the pain in the ass punkbuster is you would think it would catch a lot of cheaters, but man seems like it catches nothing and just kicks people trying to play when the client is taking to long to start etc.
 
I tried to play with you guys late Friday night and got kicked 3 times so I said fuck it. I kept getting an error about punkbuster needing to be updated, which it did and so I updated it to the newest version that the auto update tool said I need for COD4 and reboooted and got kicked almost instantly!

Any ideas?


The only way I have seen to fix that easily is, start on your own PC, an internet game, and let it just sit there. You will see in the console messages that PB is having issues updating. But since it is your own game, it CAN'T kick you. Eventually, it WILL update and then yo will be good to go.

That does happen to me but only if I have not played in a few days. Another reason punkbuster sucks ass. It does not stop real cheats, and causes nothing but trouble for legit players. We had 2 cheaters join us late last night, both of them firing SAW's through every wall on the map (killhouse), as soon as we spawned, we got hit, and they were ALL the way inthe back end of the map across from us, spraying away. Needles to say, they got banned.

We are having tuesday night fun matches, from 7:30 till 10:00 pm, and certain games we will say "use only a certain weapon" etc., like sometimes we all use nothing but noob toobs and pistols. Other times we play with like stock weapons classes, or all go with something like a stock AK47. Most games we run whatever trhough, it is a blast,and we look forward to some of you [H] guys joining in.
 
The only way I have seen to fix that easily is, start on your own PC, an internet game, and let it just sit there. You will see in the console messages that PB is having issues updating. But since it is your own game, it CAN'T kick you. Eventually, it WILL update and then yo will be good to go.

That does happen to me but only if I have not played in a few days. Another reason punkbuster sucks ass. It does not stop real cheats, and causes nothing but trouble for legit players. We had 2 cheaters join us late last night, both of them firing SAW's through every wall on the map (killhouse), as soon as we spawned, we got hit, and they were ALL the way inthe back end of the map across from us, spraying away. Needles to say, they got banned.

We are having tuesday night fun matches, from 7:30 till 10:00 pm, and certain games we will say "use only a certain weapon" etc., like sometimes we all use nothing but noob toobs and pistols. Other times we play with like stock weapons classes, or all go with something like a stock AK47. Most games we run whatever trhough, it is a blast,and we look forward to some of you [H] guys joining in.

Cool sounds good, I'll try and join you guys tomorrow night again then. Is texas 1 or 2 hrs behind EST? What about chatting?
 
Cool sounds good, I'll try and join you guys tomorrow night again then. Is texas 1 or 2 hrs behind EST? What about chatting?


You are one hour ahead of me, in other words, my 7pm is your 8pm. Cya then!
 
Zero online. Oh well, I'll idle for awhile maybe someone will join.
 
We are playing on TUESDAY night...not tonight. We are trying to get a little exposure for it, there are so many cod4 servers out there but we don't get real good pings to them because we are in a shitty cable hellhole for some reason. I only get about 5-7 servers with under 100 ping, and most of them are not TDM servers.

Anyways, tomorrow night, Tuesday, at 7:30pm - 10:00pm CST we will be having some fun matches and would love for you guys to come out.
 
Its getting where only closed NO ONE can play servers are the only way to escape the hacks.
HOW DAMN MANY ARE THERE????
Last night I saw 2 people on one server scores 57-3 39-2 the game had been going about 5 minutes. 36 man full and you see this ? BULLSHIT
S.T.A.L.K.E.R was one (Deju something) I forgot last part, I just quit out, I think this damn game is dead. There are more hacks than reg players.
Last year the cost of the hacks was $100 so I though that would keep a LOT of them away. I guess the price went way down or they hacked the hacks and everyone has one now.
If you can get enough people to fill a private server then good for you, that will be the only way to play online and have fun.
 
Its getting where only closed NO ONE can play servers are the only way to escape the hacks.
HOW DAMN MANY ARE THERE????
Last night I saw 2 people on one server scores 57-3 39-2 the game had been going about 5 minutes. 36 man full and you see this ? BULLSHIT
S.T.A.L.K.E.R was one (Deju something) I forgot last part, I just quit out, I think this damn game is dead. There are more hacks than reg players.
Last year the cost of the hacks was $100 so I though that would keep a LOT of them away. I guess the price went way down or they hacked the hacks and everyone has one now.
If you can get enough people to fill a private server then good for you, that will be the only way to play online and have fun.

Its not uncommon to have really good streaks in CoD4, especially because of the bullshit game mechanics, aka Hellis and Air Strikes. If you know what your doing, you can rack up kills fairly easily in a matter of minutes or even seconds. This added to the fact that most people who play TDM are absolutely terrible.

BTW: I was playing with you guys the other day, but I'm not sure who you were.
My names anomaly ! S3th

In response to rapture, thats weird, I get 100s of servers with under 100 ping all the time.
 
In response to rapture, thats weird, I get 100s of servers with under 100 ping all the time.

Our cable co. sucks.


Regardless, I would gladly lock the server to keep out the hacks...as long as we have at least 10 players (max on ours is 14). We are indeed playing at 7:30 CST this evening! Let's jam...and if/when I get owned...don't laugh at me.;) It's all gonna be fun, and I think everyone should drink at least 3 beers (or smoke something) before you play with us.


And yes, in 5 mins a 57-3 score most likely indicates a cheater. The hacks are much easier to get away with on a crowded server. All it costs now to DL the hacks is about 6 bucks a month subscription. Eventually, I can see locking the server down to the public and giving out the cool players the password, changed every couple days, some people always tell.
 
Also, if you play with us, we really only have 2 rules: 1. no last stand 2. no martyrdom

Pretty easy...we even allow spam toobs, in fact, one round we play will be nothing BUT spam toobs! :p On killhouse or bog at that!!!
 
Man what a blast guys! Some fun games and some serious ownage (I was the one getting owned alot hahah).

Anyone up for a thursday night nothing but "any HEAVY machine gun" night? :D Oh yeah, you can use an RPG with it as well :eek: pure fun spam! :D
 
You have a nice server. Pretty chill place. Had fun.

You owned a few rounds. Nice heavy mg work! Come back and play again thursday night, although with you on that M60 (or was it RPD?) I doubt anyone has a chance of leading the rounds with all of us using heavies...:p
 
Back
Top