Want to get a Dell 2001fp. Your comment ...

chong67

Gawd
Anyone here got the Dell 20.1" 2001fp monitor? This one can tilt to be in the protrait mode right? I think got height adjustment also.

How does it compare to the 2007fp?

I had a couple 2001FP's a while back. I seem to remember that they did not have rotate or height adjustment--only tilt. And the refresh rate/ghosting were pretty bad. I'd advise you to look for something newer/brighter/faster.

I see. I guess the successor is the 2007fp and A05 is the latest and perhaps better. It cost $100 more.

the 2007fp came in 2 flavors. a TN and the better S-IPS type. So be careful.

I can get a 2001FP for $55 on craiglist. No power cord but include DVI cable. So this type of monitor is bad all around?

Last edited:
I used to own a 2001FP and it was pretty horrid for gaming, response time was slow compared to monitors these days and the black levels were amazingly bad.

I see. But for $55 plus $7 for a power cable, it sounds good. It will be side to side my 3008wfp. I wonder if I can day n night on it. I am not using it for games. Just desktop browsing.

I see. But for $55 plus $7 for a power cable, it sounds good. It will be side to side my 3008wfp. I wonder if I can day n night on it. I am not using it for games. Just desktop browsing.

Should be fine then.

ive used one for the last 4 years, hell its my 2nd display right now. it has height and tilt, and im 99% sure it will do portrait. ya, by comparison to todays standards, the refresh and black levels are pretty poor. with that said, i played every game genre imaginable on that 2001fp with out issue. only time i ever had a real issue was when i was trying to read scrolling white text on a black background.

It can do protrait right? What happen when you scroll white text on black background?

I was going to get this monitor until the seller tip me off to getting a power adapter! This monitor need a special power adapter that looks like a brick for the laptop computer! It is not that 3 prong power cord that can be used for the PC PSU also.

I think so ...

I pass.

I was going to get this monitor until the seller tip me off to getting a power adapter! This monitor need a special power adapter that looks like a brick for the laptop computer! It is not that 3 prong power cord that can be used for the PC PSU also.

I think so ...

I pass.

oh ya, i forgot about that. it uses a power brick with a regular 2 pin wall plug on one end, and some odd shaped plug on the other side.

as for the text, it was just a little blurry in motion. things like reading credits at the end of movies and what not was a little challenging.

15 bucks shipped for a new power brick/plug
http://cgi.ebay.com/90W-AC-Adapter-...rs_Chargers&hash=item1c1270ea78#ht_1464wt_911

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Why does Dell want to do it this way with a power brick? They should have built the converter(?) into the monitor and just use a power cord.

Why does Dell want to do it this way with a power brick? They should have built the converter(?) into the monitor and just use a power cord.

The power consumption on these are quite high. I still have two of these at work with sound bars and am considering replacing them with my P2210s that use over 50w less.

I have a 2405 that I got in 2005 and its just a power cord. Its the best LCD I ever had.

Back