Want to configure download machine

mrmagoo_83

2[H]4U
THe second system in my sig is my mule.

Currently it is running WinXP SP1, but it has a bunch of crap on it that it doesn't need. I want to reformat it and put as little as possible on it so that it does nothing cept download.

Is there anything I can do so that this machine is more efficient? As right now its slow as crap. And suffers from many lockups and slowdowns.

Slipstreaming SP2 into your XP install disk is a must, then proceed with a clean install, get latest version of your personal firewall and antivirus and the box is ready and bulletproof :D

0ldmX

Well, the reason I did not put SP2 on it was because thats what on my main rig, and even with the windows firewall off, no other firewall running, the damn thing will not get a High ID in emule for nothing. All ports through my router are forwarded and all that, but I cannot get to the TCP port from the outside. But on my SP1 machine, no problem.

I use emule to download stuff and high id is not a problem here, it has a function that detects SP2 and allows you to open tcp/udp ports in firewall, after that just unblock emule.exe and you're good to go.

0ldmX

Back