Want to compare all Processors indepth

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
I am looking to find specific information to compare and contrast processors from all times in a spreadsheet like format.

Looking for simple things that are easy to find such as core code name, micro process, cache size... and more technial things such as pipeline depth, Cache line size, Cache Latency..FPU Type and ALU strength and number of registers etc etc...

Is there somewhere on line with this information? If not I would like to use this thread now to compile a sheet with all this information. I know where to find basic information, but want to get more in depth for my own knowledge.

I want to go all the way back to 386 or 486, and go thru each CPU and all their "revisions"
Pentium
Pentium Pro
Penitum II
Pentium III
Pentium 4
Pentium M
Pentium D
Celerons ....
Conroe / Merom / Yonah etc etc..

I will make a counterpart thread in the AMD section. But am asking for your help and input, and any information you might know about these CPUs and or links to good information. I know CPUz can display some of this information, I jsut dont have all these CPUs to go run it on.

cpus.jpg

Here is an example but not limited to, what I want to do... I think this could be a good source of information, but am requesting help. Maybe this way we will have one huge collective of CPU information. Since their is so many CPUs out there and their revisions.

Let me know your input. Thanks

I don't think I will be much help with you compiling all the information as I'm only familiar with the technical data of modern cpu's but I do applaud your effort. I would love to have a database like this that I can refer back to when trying to explain why one processor is better than another or just for technical reference.

Back