Want to buy Linksys 802.11G router

Destonomos

[H]ard|Gawd
Just like the title says I want to buy a 802.11G router. State the price here.

I have a B version nearly brand new if you are interested. Bought it a couple weeks ago but my house is already wired and I found it a pain in the butt to work with wireless routers so I have no use for it. Ended up buying a wired router instead which I am expecting any day now. I paid $38 for it but you can name a price if you are even interested in it because it is just collecting dust now. Thanks...

well i have a 802.11b linksys already at home and i need another one and i just want another linksys to ease the headache of any problems that could arise.

I am currently using a Linksys WRK54G. It's the router that comes as part of the wireless starter kit (came with a wireless G PCMCIA card). At the time I bought the kit, it was around $100, but the router itself may have been around $50 of that, I don't know.

However, name a price for what you want for the router shipped if you're interested.

Note: It is the WRK54G, not the WRT54G.

Linksys Product Page (lacks any real info, unfortunately): http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=34&scid=34&prid=614

Heck, these pages have more info than Linksys wants to provide:
http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?CategoryID=58&ProductID=466

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...1-6750425?v=glance&s=electronics&vi=tech-data

This wireless router does not allow the use of the hacked firmwares out there since it uses a different chipset than what is found in the WRT54G. It also only has one antenna instead of two.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
asking price? I really don't have a use for the pcmia card cause I don't own a labtop.

Yeah, I was just going to sell the router alone unless you wanted the card with it. Umm, price? I really don't know how much it's worth, so I'll say $30 shipped or your best offer if you still want it. (no clue how much it will cost to ship it)

do u have all the original packageing?

i'll do 25 shipped since its the WRK54G. The two antenna version sells for 30ish shipped on ebay.

I still have the box and the cds and whatnot yes. Sure, I'll let it go for $25 shipped.

I noticed that you had a thread in Networking and Security about wireless G routers, and the wrt54g was recommended (I recommend it too). Nothing bad with my router, I use it on the third floor of my house and the router is located on the first floor (has to pass a lot of walls and such), but I just want to help you buy what you think is best. ;)

i'm not worried about connectivity really because I also have a router on the modem at my house just on the second floor of our house I want to connect my xbox and pc to another router and have it look for the wireless router on the first floor. Only reason I'm buying a router instead of networking cards for my xbox and pc is because after next semester at college I plan on getting an apartment and I just wanna take my router with me. You take paypal?

Back