• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Want to add a third HD, will RAID work??

MRAB54

Gawd
Joined
Sep 9, 2001
Messages
853
I don't really understand all of the details behind the different types of RAID and what exactly each type does. I'm running out of hard drive space, I have one 40 gb hard drive w/ just various files on it and another (120) with win xp installed.

I want to get another hard drive so I can put a dual boot linux and winxp on my system, but I really can't make enough room for it with my current hd's. Anyways, what would I need to do in order to connect three hard drives? Would a pci raid card do the trick?
Also, if I did get a raid card, would all three hard drives be hooked up to that instead of the IDE connections on the mobo? Thanks in advance.
 
You can just get a regular IDE controller card, like a Promise Ultra100 TX2. They are cheap, and will do the job. RAID is out of the question because your drive types are different.
 
Back
Top