want cstrike:source

LeviathanZERO

Supreme [H]ardness
anyone generous with a gift?
seems like everyone has a free hl2 copy, but noone has cstrike.
wasn't it originally bundled with hl2?

HL2 and EP1 were easily given away as gifts because Steam allowed buyers of The Orange Box to give those two as gifts if they previously owned them:

Orange Box gifts are allocated to users who own 'Half-Life 2' and/or 'Half-Life 2: Episode One' and then go on to purchase The Orange Box, which includes these two games. An Orange Box gift allows users to give either or both 'Half-Life 2' and 'Half-Life 2: Episode One' to a friend who does not already own the game. An Orange Box gift is an easy way to let your friends enjoy 'Half-Life 2' and 'Half-Life 2: Episode One' for free.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?p_faqid=549

It depends on what version you bought. CSS came with HL2 when HL2 was first released, but after so many months a stand alone HL2 came out and CSS no longer came with it. This is pretty much the case today. CSS is and has been for awhile a standalone game, $20 iirc.

I haven't played CS since 1.6.
I heard however that CS is now plagued with cheaters, which doesn't seem to be the case with COD4 (too new maybe). I used to really like CS but haven't played in ages...

How is the game doing now?

I think its great. Cheating really isn't much of a problem if you play on servers with active admins and anti-cheat programs. Everytime I have run into cheaters they seemed to get banned fairly quickly.

I still think 1.6 is a better game as long as you don't care about graphics. Theres just something about the weapon behavior in CSS i can never get over, its just not the same.

I just started playing again. Great game. My ratio is still about 1/1, but it's better from the first 2 days I started playing, 1 kill to 2 deaths is just plain embarrasing :rolleyes:

I just started playing again. Great game. My ratio is still about 1/1, but it's better from the first 2 days I started playing, 1 kill to 2 deaths is just plain embarrasing :rolleyes:

Lol mines usually 1 kill to 5 deaths. But hey, I play maybe 2 hours a week.:(

Lol mines usually 1 kill to 5 deaths. But hey, I play maybe 2 hours a week.:(

lol dude!!! I played maybe 3 hours yesterday but made some improvements. Basically the only reason I started though was because I got some decent headphones and a new Xtremegamer X-Fi so I wanted to try out the positional audio in games... and so far it's worked out pretty nice. I seem to hear it more though when I'm dead and watching and not freaking out, haha.

I haven't tried zombie, what's that?

Gun game is fun, I like the Inversed Turbo maps. Helps you with using each gun, plus it's fast and furious :D

Back