kschaffner
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Jan 2, 2006
- Messages
- 1,099
Hey all I have been browsing audio now for a while and would like to use bookshelf speakers instead of classic logitech, klipsch etc.
I Already have 2x Bose 201 Series III & 2x Bose 201 Series IV speakers but not sure if I should get something newer/better since they are about 15 years old now. I will only be using 2 of these however instead of 4. I have been looking at getting the Dayton B652's with the T-amp(http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=300-650&scqty=1) and the Dayton Sub 80-8.
A little update:
The only thing I'm thinking of is, is it entirely necessary to buy a full blown AVR for just listening to mainly music, podcasts some light gaming and light movie playback.
I've pretty much narrowed down my list to the BIC Venturi DV62si speakers and the BIC Venturi V1020 sub unless anyone has some other options for those 2 spots of gear.
Have looked at these as well
Pioneer SP-BS41-LR speakers $120 http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SP-BS...S6DE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1302226897&sr=8-3
Polk Audio Monitor 30 $100 http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Mo...=sr_1_21?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1302339154&sr=1-21
Polk Audio Monitor 40 $130 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290202
Cerwin Vega VE-5M $110 http://www.amazon.com/Cerwin-Vega-V...=sr_1_68?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1302339238&sr=1-68
Infinity Primus P152 $120 http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Prim...?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1302339443&sr=1-23
The only thing I have really left to do is decide on an amp or an AVR.
Or should I just stick with the simple dayton setup with the BIC sub for like 200 and go from there.
I Already have 2x Bose 201 Series III & 2x Bose 201 Series IV speakers but not sure if I should get something newer/better since they are about 15 years old now. I will only be using 2 of these however instead of 4. I have been looking at getting the Dayton B652's with the T-amp(http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=300-650&scqty=1) and the Dayton Sub 80-8.
A little update:
The only thing I'm thinking of is, is it entirely necessary to buy a full blown AVR for just listening to mainly music, podcasts some light gaming and light movie playback.
I've pretty much narrowed down my list to the BIC Venturi DV62si speakers and the BIC Venturi V1020 sub unless anyone has some other options for those 2 spots of gear.
Have looked at these as well
Pioneer SP-BS41-LR speakers $120 http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SP-BS...S6DE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1302226897&sr=8-3
Polk Audio Monitor 30 $100 http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Mo...=sr_1_21?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1302339154&sr=1-21
Polk Audio Monitor 40 $130 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290202
Cerwin Vega VE-5M $110 http://www.amazon.com/Cerwin-Vega-V...=sr_1_68?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1302339238&sr=1-68
Infinity Primus P152 $120 http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Prim...?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1302339443&sr=1-23
The only thing I have really left to do is decide on an amp or an AVR.
Or should I just stick with the simple dayton setup with the BIC sub for like 200 and go from there.
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.