• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wanna do some WC'ing, NEED your advice!

Probably as good as anything else out there. It's the latest greatest. ;)
 
Ok, I think I'm gonna do it but what else do I need. I"m thinking I need.....

#1. More tubing, if so, where?
#2. Northbridge block?
#3. Was that VGA block good?

#4. Is that all I need?
 
The Swiftech APEX comes complete with everything you need to cool your CPU. The other link only went to Swiftechs home page, but if you're talking about their GPU block, that will work just fine for you also.
As for a NB block, I myself see no reason to water cool it. I OC my NF4 system to over 310 with the stock DFI NB cooler and I have no problems with it at all. As long as your air flow within your case if good, air cooling is all you need unless you start volt modding or doing other types of extreme OC'ing.
 
I C, and ya that link was toa VGA block. Which I think should fit my GTX. Where can I get more tubing and clamps, they dont sell them on swifttech for some odd reason.
 
a place to find more tubing? an aquarium store should have some. you could likely use 1 cm inner diameter tubing, if you want to stick with metric sizes, so long as you heated up the ends of the tubing in hot water prior to pushing them onto the barbs of the waterblocks. alternately, you might be able to find a local tubing/hose/fitting supply store somewhere near you to get the 7/16 inch tubing that swiftech is using. any city/town with some industry should have at least one.

a place to find more clamps? the hardware store. i like the metal, gear clamps that home hardware here in canada sells, however i don't know if you're okay with the way that that style of clamps look.
 
Bio-Hazard said:
Swiftech has the tubing here:

http://www.swiftnets.com/store/product_details.asp?ProdID=383


I didn't see the clamps, but I'm sure they have them also.
since he put up a site in the UK, i assume that O-P-M is probably also in the UK, or at least i europe, so he probably wants to stick to european sites.

i couldn't think of any such sites myself, which is why i only mentioned a few IRL places to look for parts.
 
Yep, page 82 #5233K44. 10 feet of 7/16"id-5/8"od was $8.00 shipped. You're not going to get much better than an Apex + Maze4 gpu/MCW-55 right now, unless you're going for peltiers as well, but those are a royal pain to run and make sure you don't fry everything.
 
Oh how I want that swiftech kit and a that VGA block. I can't wait to see what my OC's will be with the Venice.
 
O-P-M said:
No, I live in the states. I dont know why I had a UK site.
never mind, then......

like Bio-Hazard says, McMaster seems to be a good place to buy tubing online, states-side.

and yeah.....peltiers really ARE a pain......although they can help to keep life from getting TOO boring. :)
 
Ya, my plan is going to be buy the Swiftech kit and then the maze4 MCW55 VGA block. I just hope I dont mess anything up when I do this. Also, did swifttech just not realize how popular these kits would be cause they are gone. EVERYWHERE!.
 
O-P-M said:
Ya, my plan is going to be buy the Swiftech kit and then the maze4 MCW55 VGA block. I just hope I dont mess anything up when I do this. Also, did swifttech just not realize how popular these kits would be cause they are gone. EVERYWHERE!.
Most first production runs are a little limited. The companies want to see how things will sell before they go full out on a new product.
 
Back
Top