Walmart Testing Two-Day Delivery Subscription Service

HardOCP News

[H] News
Remember Walmart's three-day free shipping subscription service? Well, it would seem the retail giant is trying to take on Amazon by offering a two-day service for only $49 a year. I guess this is a pretty good deal if you do a lot of online shopping with Walmart.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is testing a two-day shipping subscription service and building a regional delivery network as the world’s biggest retailer tries to rival Amazon.com Inc. As part of the project, Wal-Mart will rely on eight massive e-commerce warehouses around the country, the last of which will be built by year’s end. It will also tap regional carriers to deliver more of its packages, say people familiar with the matter. That is a shift away from FedEx Corp. , which handles the bulk of Wal-Mart’s parcels.

I switched to ordering online from Target because the bathroom in my house is available to all genders. :p

If Walmart can't figure out how to compete, they are dead. Retailers are struggling to figure out the way consumers are shopping now. Amazon makes it so damn easy to buy stuff.
Last night, I stopped by Walmart to buy something in person. The lines were awful. The employees were idiots.n The other people shopping were typical Walmarters... I would have paid extra to avoid that experience.

I've bought from Walmart.com in the past. There was a sale advertised on Slickdeals or something. That's the only time. I shop for groceries there sometimes.

My online purchases are typically Amazon. Others sometimes, but only on advertised sales.

Amazon has done so much right. It's super easy to buy from, the checkout experience is extremely quick and easy. Prime is excellent (free shipping, video, music). Walmart cannot compete with them unless they make some huge changes.

And, shit like that. Amazon can beat their prices on so much stuff.

Walmart nees to fix their website first.
Why should I care if you can get it to me next day, when I'm unable to find what I want.

Everyone (including Amazon) needs to look at newegg's site and take notes.

I've bought from Walmart.com in the past. There was a sale advertised on Slickdeals or something. That's the only time. I shop for groceries there sometimes.

My online purchases are typically Amazon. Others sometimes, but only on advertised sales.

Amazon has done so much right. It's super easy to buy from, the checkout experience is extremely quick and easy. Prime is excellent (free shipping, video, music). Walmart cannot compete with them unless they make some huge changes.

And, shit like that. Amazon can beat their prices on so much stuff.

That's not a WalMart price - third parties can also sell through WM like Amazon Marketplace and the like.
That 6700k is from iBuypower.

Walmart nees to fix their website first.
Why should I care if you can get it to me next day, when I'm unable to find what I want.

Everyone (including Amazon) needs to look at newegg's site and take notes.

That's the one thing I hate about Amazon. Their organization (for their site and prime video/music) truly sucks balls. Unless you know exactly what you're searching for, browsing thru their site is a horrible experience.

didnt walmart last year make a huge statement in summer that they do not require fees to join their club (Which people laughed because of sams club) and then had a summer black friday sale to celebrate no fees? lol

That's the one thing I hate about Amazon. Their organization (for their site and prime video/music) truly sucks balls. Unless you know exactly what you're searching for, browsing thru their site is a horrible experience.
Their buying suggestions are pretty good from my experience....except for those times you look up something once and the next 2 weeks, you get "more like this" suggestions on that thing.

Their buying suggestions are pretty good from my experience....except for those times you look up something once and the next 2 weeks, you get "more like this" suggestions on that thing.
Which is the most retarded feature ever. Ive looked at some "questionable" things on amazon only to have it come back and haunt me saying "more things like this" while im at work, not cool amazon.

Back