Walmart - iPad Mini 16/Wifi - $199

Not hot. The Retina Mini (2) blows this out of the water and is routinely on sale for $249.

Just be warned that iOS 8 runs terrible on 512MB DRAM. iPad Mini is a just a smaller iPad 2 from 2011 and they both suffer from 512MB. With upcoming iOS 9 you need a minimum 2GB DRAM to get all the useful features.

Last edited:
I've lost track, what gen are we up to on cururent iPads?

My wife has an iPad 2 and is having a ton of stability issues with different apps.

My wife has an iPad 2 and is having a ton of stability issues with different apps.

iPad mini is up to gen 3, gen 3 is just a slightly updated gen 2 with touch ID. Gen2 mini still a good buy, gen 1 is basically an iPad 2.

Fullsized ipad is at iPad Air 2. They went 1,2,3(retina display appears here), 4(lighting connector appears here), Air, Air 2.

I have an original Air and it does everything I need, my daughter uses a Gen1 mini and it works for her but it definitely is getting old.

iPad Air 2 is current

Previous;
iPad Air
iPad 4
iPad 3
iPad 2
iPad

The first iPad Air is really the best bang for the buck right now. The 32GB one. Good balance of price versus performance.

Only the iPad Air 2 fully support all the features in iOS 9. All the other models are obsolete. Wait for the refreshed models.

Only the iPad Air 2 fully support all the features in iOS 9. All the other models are obsolete. Wait for the refreshed models.

What are you talking about specifically, aside from split-screen multitasking? I'm running it right now and that's the only different between how it behaves on an Air 2 and a Mini.

Is the iPad 4 the New iPad? is that what they called it when it came out?

Just be warned that iOS 8 runs terrible on 512MB DRAM. iPad Mini is a just a smaller iPad 2 from 2011 and they both suffer from 512MB. With upcoming iOS 9 you need a minimum 2GB DRAM to get all the useful features.

THIS.
I had a gen1 iPad Mini and iOS8 raped it. DO NOT WANT (iOS 8, not this deal. As a deal it's not too shabby for a light-use, home tablet)

My Gen1 Mini is on a goosneck stand by the bed. It provides all my TV, Music and Movie watching in the bedroom. It's connected to a set of Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's.

It's a perfect little setup. I have no performance issues at all, and the screen is just fine for HD stuff.

The iPad Air originally came loaded with IOS7 which is arguably the best of the versions to jailbreak. So if you're into that kind of thing, there are a surprisingly number of sealed units still being sold by dealers.

Back