Wall mounting?

I would go with an L bracket mounted to studs. The type and size of the L bracket depends on the shelf dimensions and how much weight you want to put on it.

Edit: Nevermind, I did not see that it already came with hardware and/or mounting holes drilled. If you want to mount it without an L bracket, you will need a set of wall fasteners (literally what they are called).

What type of wall do you have? E.g. drywall, concrete, cinder block, etc..?
 
Only screws.
There is a metal construction behind.
verkaufe-wandregal-lack-foto-bild-49696855.jpg
 
I have that exact black one but it is not up.
Mine has about 16 holes to put screws in. Ideally, if you plan to set anything heavy(TV/Monitor) on it, it is all about the wall. I don't care how good the mollys or screws are. Hit a stud or risk it. If you use an L- bracket you'll defeat the purpose. As said above, it will heavily depend on what you are putting on it(weight) and wall material.
I do not work for Home Depot but rather a competitor, this was the first Google hit though.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...chors&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
Good Luck.
 
I have a dry wall and ill be putting just light stuff like frames and CD's ... so isee it come with those already and i saw it on youtube too... im all set thanks guys.
 
I would avoid that shelf altogether. I bought one to hold my playstation + some other stuff on the wall under my wall-mounted LCD. I had it bolted to studs, so that end was great, but the part that goes into the shelf itself worried me due to the shelf sagging some (and the weight on the shelf was well under the weight limit). That bracket doesn't bolt to the shelf, it sort of slides/locks into place. Returned it to IKEA, went to home depot and bought a cheap board (those ones they have in storage section with the nicer finishes) + L brackets and haven't looked back.

To me, having a sturdy mount is more important than hiding the mounting brackets so the shelf 'floats'
 
The lack shelf is pretty bad, I see them on display at Ikea all the time and they tend to sag after some time. And ALOT too, I see some of them sagging almost half an inch for the really long ones. The small ones not so much but the weird thing is.. there's nothing on the shelf to begin with....
 
They don't sag at all if you mount them properly. Mount them into STUDS. Two of them at least for the longer ones. I drilled holes in the metal mounting bracket for US stud spacing.

Also use proper mounting bolts or screws aka lag bolts.

We have a couple of the long ones over 100lbs in one and it hasn't sagged at all in over 5 years.
 
They don't sag at all if you mount them properly. Mount them into STUDS. Two of them at least for the longer ones. I drilled holes in the metal mounting bracket for US stud spacing.

Also use proper mounting bolts or screws aka lag bolts.

We have a couple of the long ones over 100lbs in one and it hasn't sagged at all in over 5 years.

I really like the design of it! I guess ill give it a try and will see. thanks
 
Back
Top