• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wall mounting Z-5500's?

Nalif

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
223
Does anyone have any guides or posts of others who have mounted these speakers? I've never mounted speakers, and I hear these are some tricky ones to mount properly, due to the poor design of the bases, and the fact that they only swivel in one direction. That being said, this is my first speaker mounting project, and I'm in an apartment, so I don't want to destroy the walls too bad ( I have to repair what dammage I do when I move out, obviously ) - so if there are some sites/guides you can reccomend, I'd be much obliged. Thanks for the help in advance.
 
I would post pics, but I am too tired right now .. to mount them... just make the bottom/stand of the rear sats facing the back instead of the bottom... get 4 nails and a hammer... put the sats where you want them facing you..... nail the two hole on the stand into the wall with the speaker attached... voila!
 
actually mounting them will be easy. the base just swivels so that it can be used as a mounting bracket.

however, the speakers themselves don't rotate really, so unless they're on a wall directly behind you, they might point in an awkward direction.
 
aZn_plyR said:
I would post pics, but I am too tired right now ..

Yeah, pictures would rock since I've never done this.

I've been looking around google and finding a bunch of mixed information about mounting these speakers.
 
Place the rears so that they face each other, a couple feet higher than the "sweet spot" for listening. I just used two pairs of screws and the normal bases.
 
Back
Top