Wall Mount Laptop HTPC

GriFF3n

Weaksauce
Looking for ideas to mount a laptop on the wall. Its a 17" Toshiba Satellite P105-S9722, heres a link to her so you can see what she looks like;

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3293&review=Satellite+P105-S9722

Here's the idea. I have a 26" Sharp LCD that i have mounted on the wall. I want to mount my laptop on the wall below it so that i can use both the laptop's screen as well as the Sharp LCD TV. I'm asking all of you what you think is the best way to mount the laptop on the wall. I can open the laptop so that its almost a straight line from the side (hard to explain in text). I will be using a wireless keyboard and mouse, so i dont need to have the mount be movable. Does anyone know a wall hanger for laptops? I'm thinking this might be a custom fab unit, but if there's something already made I'd like to go that route. I know im not the first one whos tried to do this so any links to like ideas would be great. Thanks,

GriFF

A few eye screws and some strapping (zip ties come to mind) might work. Put the eyescrews in the wall (using appropriate anchors) at a width just bigger than the laptop, and tie it to the wall that way. Think of how retail stores anchor their notebooks.

31W9IxE%2Bl6L._SL500_AA275_.jpg

Wall-Mount Laptop Security Cabinet - Amazon

With setting it so it doesn't sleep when lid is shut, mod drill a hole for an USB and HDMI/DVI cable to enter it from somewhere...i dunno...i'm not sure about the heat though it is a small enclosed area.

COM%20VM%20desk%20clamp%20v2.jpg

just a random picture i thought it looked cool

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
uhhh laptop wall mount thats a good idea.maybe i will try with my laptop

Back