Wall Mount Bracket Recommendations

mrmagoo_83

2[H]4U
Just purchased a 70" Vizio TV and 54" sound bar, now I need a good wall mount. I was looking at a swivel mount but I now do not think I need one. I want a mount that sets the TV as flush as possible to the wall.

So who has recommendations, I have searched but love the knowledge of the experienced over the random consumer. TV weighs in just under 70 lbs and might want to also mount the sound bar as well to the same mount.

Too bad he needs one for a 70" tv though. I wouldn't feel secure hanging a 70" on that little thing there. Hopefully with all the links he can find something that suits him the best.

I like the fact that mine tilts as I sometimes get a lot of light through the window. Being able to tilt it really helps. Plus it being a little away from the wall also allows you to get in there and plug and unplug stuff from the back easier.

Reaching for anything that isn't on the direct edge of the TV is a complete pain in the ass with a flush mount. I've helped multiple people pull their TVs off flush wall mounts just to swap a cable.

My TV is mounted on a tilt mount. I find it looks much better when the TV is angled a bit downwards where people sit, and it is wwwaaayyy easier to reach behind. The TV only sticks out another 1.5 inches or so.

Too bad he needs one for a 70" tv though. I wouldn't feel secure hanging a 70" on that little thing there. Hopefully with all the links he can find something that suits him the best.

I like the fact that mine tilts as I sometimes get a lot of light through the window. Being able to tilt it really helps. Plus it being a little away from the wall also allows you to get in there and plug and unplug stuff from the back easier.

Well, I didn't buy a 70" tv seven years ago. I posted what I used. There's always this one:
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082822&p_id=3610&seq=1&format=2
That is the exact same thing except bigger. I've helped people install them and they work, although it definitely helps to have edge mounted connectors or connect plugs to them before mounting.

Thanks for the replies. There is a Mount-It and Cheetah from Amazon I am looking at. I do believe I need one that does give the tilt option, as because of the width I am nearly forced to mount it above my light switch at least. If it is that high it will have to tilt down for proper viewing. I'll have to maybe add a picture tonight when I get home.

My concern is with the height I may not get a full 15 degrees tilt, this thing is huge :)
Have to also get the power outlet and cable pass through boxes ordered so I can run everything through the wall and mount my sound bar underneath the TV.

Stupid cat keeps attacking the TV as it sits on my entertainment center, she chases everything that moves on it, especially a mouse arrow, pretty funny, but sucks when you're trying to play Diablo or COD.

I got the mount it model MI-303L. 15° will still be a good bit on a 70" tv. It is just nice to be able to adjust it you need to do so.

Back