Wal-Mart Scores Electronics

Rich Tate

Supreme [H]ardness
Wal-Mart is pushing forward with a electronic scoring system that will ask device makers to rate their products in a myriad of categories. This will allow the consumer to better understand the sustainability of the product they may purchase. The goal is to sell products that will have longer life spans as well as be environment friendly.

"Wal-Mart believes that this scorecard will move electronics in the right direction -- a sustainable direction," said Ross Farnsworth, divisional merchandise manager of home electronics at Wal-Mart during his speech at the "Take It Back" conference in Annapolis, Md. "The scorecard encourages improvements that are good for business as well as for the environment, reflecting Wal-Mart's view that being a profitable and efficient business goes hand-in-hand with being a good steward to the environment."

Wow, Wal-Mart is really trying to move away from it's shaddy image. First it was trying to provide cheap medice, then cheap energy, followed by solar panles in stores, now this? I hope this trend continues.

So... basically the manufacturers get to rate their own products... that's not going to be biased at all!

Yea b/c Wal-Mart is the FIRST place I go to when I want state-of-the-art electronics!

/end sarcasm

Wait, I just re-read it and I got it wrong. I though other people were going to rate it but it seems like the manufacturers are the ones who are doing the rating. 5 stars for everyone!

Wow, more propaganda to increase Wal-Mart profits. Sam Waltons spinning-in-the-grave rate has reached a new record RPM.

Back