• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wait, wait, wait....different specs?

lesman

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 30, 2004
Messages
3,913
Ok, some might recall I've been looking at 2 TV's...a Hisense LCD, and a Daewoo Projection TV. I decided on the Daewoo projection set for many reasons. Now, I was looking at the Daewoo TV HERE at walmart.com, and one thing I didn't like too much was the 400:1 contrast ratio.

But I came across something interesting: I was looking around on the net for more info on this TV, and I saw on a few different websites that it actually had a contrast ratio of 10,000:1, and a much higher brightness to boot. So I said to myself, "maybe these websites are trying to trick me". But then I finally went to the source, DAEWOO , and they, too have listed the contrast ratio at 10,000:1, and the same brightness these other sites listed it at. Is the 400:1 contrast ratio possibly a mistake on wal mart's website?
 
Time for a Google Fight!

daewoofight.jpg


Well the majority of sites (including the official site) say 10000:1, so I'd bet on that.
 
oVerCaffeinated said:
Time for a Google Fight!

daewoofight.jpg


Well the majority of sites (including the official site) say 10000:1, so I'd bet on that.
Ha, nice scale! You're the man! Thanks for the input!
 
Back
Top