• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wait until M2 or get a X2 939?

kan1che

n00b
Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
5
Ok, I am updating my whole pc to keep up to date.

I dont know if it is better to get a AMD Athlon64 socket 754 and wait till 2006 and update again my whole PC or live in the present, wait for t he X2 (i dont game so much, I am a programmer and also I do a lot of background things) and buy a 939 mobo with 1gig of ram and a nice VGA, and if the M2 do well, update my system to M2?

What sounds better to you? Also I like the idea of joining the 754 club :p
 
depends what do u have now?

And If you get a X2 with a gig of ram.. Im sure you'll be fine for upgradability/speed for a while..

Unless you need the latest gadgets etc.. ;)
 
My lovely baby aka my pc is:
-Intel P4 1.7ghz
-Geforce4 Mx440 64mb
-512mb Pc-133

I am a litle outdated eh?

I was about to get a 754 and wait till the M2 launch in ~2006, but now some things come to my mind, if the M2 dont do like everyone is expecting it to do? If everything go wrong with it and I am like a nerd with my 754??! Scary!

And I am the kinda guy who update once in like 3 years, but if I decide to go with 754 and later update to M2, I'll make an exception...
 
S754 will last you a pretty long time, and its value cant be denied.

A machine identical to mine would cost $1130. A 939 of comparable performance would have a $200 premium on it due to the more expensive CPU's and PCI-E cards.
 
Back
Top