Wait a minute... The Super Gravity Gun is THIS Powerful?!

L0s7 4 Lyf3

Limp Gawd
It tosses Dog around like a twig:
d3_c17_010002.jpg

It also picks up Combine Civil Service vehicles... But picking it up caused a lot of lag
d1_trainstation_040070.jpg

d1_trainstation_040072.jpg

d1_trainstation_040071.jpg

Well the GG was made to be that powerful in the end of the game when you NEEDED it, because you had no other weapons on you, so you needed all the firepower you can get...plus what would phsyics be without picking up bodies? :D

How far after the prison is it? I just got past that bridge ordeal. Hopefully once I rescue Eli I'll get the gun.

I'd bet that DOG is basically treated like any other friendly human NPC. I think it's funny that you can shoot friendly NPCs with that SGG, and a copy of them will go flying out :D.

And if you think you got lag picking that Civil Protection vehicle up, try doing that to the dune buggy. Doing that brought my game to a screeching halt.

Wow.. look at those screen shots and how dense the environments are. I can't imagine how people keep saying HL2 has crappy graphics..

Micas said:
Wow.. look at those screen shots and how dense the environments are. I can't imagine how people keep saying HL2 has crappy graphics..

I'll second that. And in those pics the AA looks like it's either off or on a lower setting. The game looks even better with the AA set to 8x. Now that I've beaten it I think I'll have to go back and play through the whole game with the super gravity gun.

Dijonase said:
I'll second that. And in those pics the AA looks like it's either off or on a lower setting. The game looks even better with the AA set to 8x. Now that I've beaten it I think I'll have to go back and play through the whole game with the super gravity gun.
All highest settins, I don't know why but for some reason my game looks uglier than others' copies... Running in DX9.0 on the comp in sig...

Interesting....

I thought I tried picking up all the vehicles and none of them worked.

That is really cool though. Pick one up and throw it at some people. Nice weapon.

that'd be a cool mod for hl2dm, having one super gravity gun available in the level, that can pick up huge things that the regular ones cant.

Micas said:

Let me clear this up ... its no so much 'crappy' more so.. 1 year old textures. HL2 doesn't use any bumpmapping (common now a days). The lighting and textures throughout the game are very much sub par for all the hype the game recieved.

Thats what people have said. Nothing wrong with critisizm ... :D

Scheizekopf said:
I thought I tried picking up all the vehicles and none of them worked.

That is really cool though. Pick one up and throw it at some people. Nice weapon.

I'm guessing you tried with the regular gravity gun. He is using the modified gravity gun that you get inside the citadel at the end of the game. He simply loaded some maps through the console in order to use the new gun in levels it wasnt intended for.

Looks like they fixed an earlier bug then. Originally when you picked up one of the combine vehicles with the SGG, the entire game would crash out or freeze.

theNoid said:
Let me clear this up ... its no so much 'crappy' more so.. 1 year old textures. HL2 doesn't use any bumpmapping (common now a days). The lighting and textures throughout the game are very much sub par for all the hype the game recieved.

Thats what people have said. Nothing wrong with critisizm ... :D

wrong. they use bump mapped textures all over the place. turn off mat_bumpmap in office and notice the wall isn't as bumpy. plus im working with many textures right now in hammer that are bumpmapped(like i said before you can see the difference toggling mat_bumpmap)

you know, you can cop this anti-hl2 bitch-ass attitude. but at least get your facts straight before you open your trap, ok? otherwise people like me are quick to make you look lik ea fool :rolleyes:

The super gravity gun is insane - in that level where you use the crane to move the shipping crates, the gravity gun can pick up and toss them hundreds of feet like as if they were monkey turds. Crazy stuff!

*gets out telescope to search for thenoid*

hmm, nope he isn't coming back. a wise choice.

doh-nut said:
wrong. they use bump mapped textures all over the place. turn off mat_bumpmap in office and notice the wall isn't as bumpy. plus im working with many textures right now in hammer that are bumpmapped(like i said before you can see the difference toggling mat_bumpmap)

you know, you can cop this anti-hl2 bitch-ass attitude. but at least get your facts straight before you open your trap, ok? otherwise people like me are quick to make you look lik ea fool :rolleyes:

Yeah the textures are totally bump mapped. I cranked everything just to see what it would look like, and the detail on even the headcrabs is amazing.. they look all squishy and slimy :)

HL2 seems to use more high-res textures and more polys, while doom 3 for example uses high processing effects like bumpmapping and the rest... But HL2 has bumpmapping...just not as much.

I gotta try grabben Dog on the scripted part where he helps you bit at the beginning of the level and see if I can toss him over the wall ...see if he still bends open a whole in the fence type wall to let me thru ....

ThreeDee said:
I gotta try grabben Dog on the scripted part where he helps you bit at the beginning of the level and see if I can toss him over the wall ...see if he still bends open a whole in the fence type wall to let me thru ....
It won't work. You'll just end up pulling out a copy of DOG, not the real one. It'll still be doing whatever it happens to be doing. This happens when you shoot or pull on any friendly NPC with the SGG. I have screenshots showing a pile of the same guy just lying there after I shot the original with the SGG about a dozen times.

Back