• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

waffle getting ddos' d

Actually I noticed something odd going on last night when I have 5Mh/s and it was only reporting 700kh/s. I switched out to another pool temporarily. The issue is that I've been getting weird reporting rates all day and it rarely reports the correct hash rate. I have reject rates below 5% as well. It started when waffle redid their server. I hope they fix it as I was a solid supporter.
 
Someone on reddit reported that a "hacker" figured out how to redirect wafflepool miners to another server. Its reddit though....
 
Someone on reddit reported that a "hacker" figured out how to redirect wafflepool miners to another server. Its reddit though....

The wafflepool and clevermining bitcoin talk threads are discussing how a lot of people are getting redirected to a fake pool, mostly at wafflepool. A few clevermining people are also reporting this.
 
Same, I switched yesterday when I noticed I had over 7MH/s pointed at it and it was reporting 3MH/s.
 
How do you setup a backup pool in your script?

You can manually specify pool-priority or just list them in the order you want like below. You can do the same thing in the command line by adding more pools.

"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://useast.wafflepool.com:3333",
"user" : "BTC_ADDRESS",
"pass" : "x"
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://uswest.wafflepool.com:3333",
"user" : "BTC_ADDRESS",
"pass" : "x"
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://ny.clevermining.com:3333",
"user" : "BTC_ADDRESS",
"pass" : "x"
}
],
 
Back
Top