Wacom Intuos 3 Widescreen sizes, help!

Tutelary

I'm a nice banned boy.
Should I get the 4x6 or the 6x11?
What are your personal experiences? I'm not a pro artist, but I like to tinker and can't help but think that if I really like it, I'll wish I had gotten the larger one.

if i were you i'd get a graphire4 4x5 which is what i picked up. still not used to drawing on it yet but i'm gettin there.

well, I went and looked at the 4x6 in BB and it was horribly tiny. I ordered the 6x11 at buy.com for $300 shipped.

:cool: :D :D :D:cool:

The Intuos3 is nice because of the programmable buttons on the side, which you won't get with any other Wacom line. For the size, it's preference. I have a 9"x12" and a 6"x8", and personally the 9"x12" is too large. However, a friend of mine prefers the larger format -- it all depends on your style.

If you're a student or teacher, you can get the educational price on Wacom tablets from creationengine.com.

I use the 6x8 for my 24" LCD without any problems. I was looking at the 6x11, but I did not want to move my wrist when I use it in photoshop. So I feel 6x8 is/was the perfect size. Very well worth it if you use photoshop a lot.

question: anyone know where I can get a vertical/near vertical stand for my new 6x11? Something I can use to set it upright next to my monitor would be wonderful.

How about a easel from a art store. It allows you to mount it on it like a painting...

Back