W8 acting insane..virus?

harsaphes

Supreme [H]ardness
My OS is all messed up. Trying to enter a URL in chrome results in an auto fill that has nothing to do with my search. It will not let me enter anything. If I click the browser bar chrome scrolls to the end of my desktop. System will not let me run defender or malware bytes..by not letting me make a selection. Also hitting programs in start window only pulls up the shutdown menu and won't let me select a program. Help or ideas please. Win 8.1 64 bit

Does sound suspicious about the anti-malware issue. Can you even start Windows Defender?

What about in safe mode?

Sounds similar to some malware program out there. If possible, download Malwarebytes Antimalware, install it in safe mode, and run scans in safe mode.

Try doing a full shut down.
Memory resident attacks may still be loaded on boot because the system defaults to a hibernation mode when you shut down.

Try doing a full shut down.
Memory resident attacks may still be loaded on boot because the system defaults to a hibernation mode when you shut down.

If the system has been restarted then fast boot mode doesn't apply.

while malewarebytes is running I want to say that I cant boot to safe mode..hitting f8 only will take me to a boot select screen.

while malewarebytes is running I want to say that I cant boot to safe mode..hitting f8 only will take me to a boot select screen.

Hold shift when hitting restart for advanced reboot options.

there are no options except to select which drive you are booting from.

Malwarebytes Chameleon was able to get Malwarebytes to start a scan. Waiting.

Sounds like you have a keyboard or mouse problem to me. Do you have another keyboard and mouse to test with?

Sounds like you have a keyboard or mouse problem to me. Do you have another keyboard and mouse to test with?

DING DING DING....we have a winner.....yes its the keyboard!...thank-you Soooooooo much. Appreciated.

I had almost an identical issue with a Win7 desktop. At first I thought I got some infection because randomly clicks wouldn't work and even the mouse was acting weird.

Then I realized that because I have several keyboards on my desktop, one keyboard that was partly stacked on the one I was using was pressing a function key constantly, causing all the weirdness.

Exactly what happened to me. The second keyboard which was a couple feet away had something that had fallen on top of it and was pressing some of the keys. Very funny when you find out what really happened.

Back