I upgraded from W7 Ultimate to W8.1 last month and I'm struggling getting my ideal setup with my 2 monitor configuration. Currently I have a landscape (main) and portrait (secondary) monitor setup. 8.1 seems to have limitations to this setup I was hoping would be resolved in the first update. If anyone has workarounds for my issues listed below, please let me know.
1. the inability to run split window with a horizontal separation (Top/Bottom) on a portrait monitor
2. the inability to put the clock and taskbar notifications on the 2nd monitor.
3. the inability to have two different, AND STATIC, wallpapers on each monitor. I can get separate wallpapers, but I can't turn off the daily wallpaper cycle. Every day 8.1 will cycle to the other and I have to reset the configuration. One pic works for landscape, while the other works for portrait.
4. the inability to easily launch all games on the 2nd monitor with an easy setting adjustment without having to manually switch the game each time I open it.
5. the lack of any good clock app that has a consistent and accurate metro live tile update. This ties back to the inability to have the clock on the 2nd monitor. I've literally hug a wall clock in my office behind my monitors because I never know the time when gaming.
1. the inability to run split window with a horizontal separation (Top/Bottom) on a portrait monitor
2. the inability to put the clock and taskbar notifications on the 2nd monitor.
3. the inability to have two different, AND STATIC, wallpapers on each monitor. I can get separate wallpapers, but I can't turn off the daily wallpaper cycle. Every day 8.1 will cycle to the other and I have to reset the configuration. One pic works for landscape, while the other works for portrait.
4. the inability to easily launch all games on the 2nd monitor with an easy setting adjustment without having to manually switch the game each time I open it.
5. the lack of any good clock app that has a consistent and accurate metro live tile update. This ties back to the inability to have the clock on the 2nd monitor. I've literally hug a wall clock in my office behind my monitors because I never know the time when gaming.