W2KS RRAS....kinda stumped..

Kaos

[H]ard|Gawd
Ive been charged with setting up a vpn server at the office...I know how to do this....when I get it up and running, dhcp stops working and the server can no longer access network resources or even the internet....any ideas?

Do you have the option of using a W2k3 server? I had the same problems you are describing when I had to setup our VPN server trying to do it on W2K server, after messing with it for a couple weeks i said screw it and tried W2k3, and it worked first time i configured it.

I figured it out...sorta...inside the network the vpn is solid. When trying to come in from the outsiide its not accessible. The server is in the dmz and it's still not working, leaning towards a bad router (el cheapo) gonna configure a spare dlink or cisco one we have laying around.

What type of cheapo router? if it doesn't support forwarding of Protocol47 (GRE) then you'll never forward PPTP VPN through it. On some cheapo's Prot 47 is linked to the forwarding of port 1723 but most it's NOT. There is also a difference between PPTP pasthrough and this. PPTP passthrough is Outgoing. What you are trying to accomplish is Incoming forwarding.

Back